Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 07:40 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

City of Allen :: Stage 3 Water Conservation Effective Nov. 1 (http://www.cityofallen.org/blog/post/1326 - broken link)

http://www.ntmwd.com/downloads/newsr...e_09282011.pdf

November 1 is start date.

Also, the City of Garland will implement Stage 3 Water Restrictions 11/01/11. See Garland Water for complete water usage restrictions.

This will also be the case for any city that gets water from same source as Allen--the North Texas Municipal Water District--

North Texas Municipal Water District - Board of Directors
each city has a board director representing its interests

while the Tarrant side has not seen the same restrictions go into place yet--
I think it is only a matter of time--
probably we should all have gone to Stage 2 much sooner--
they were just hoping rain would come and make further restrictions unnecessary....
now meteorological info seems to suggest the drought could extend well into 2012...

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-31-2011 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: added City of Garland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 07:11 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,748,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
while the Tarrant side has not seen the same restrictions go into place yet--
I think it is only a matter of time--
probably we should all have gone to Stage 2 much sooner--
they were just hoping rain would come and make further restrictions unnecessary....
now meteorological info seems to suggest the drought could extend well into 2012...
We started the summer with the lakes full.

The big problem right now is that Lake Texoma cannot be used due to the Zebra Mussel issue. If it gets real bad, they will start using it.

As for Ft Worth, the watershed in its area received nearly a full recharge last week.

As for the "drought" - the latest NCEP La Nina forecast has it at an all time record next Spring. Shades of the 1950s.

The 1950s drought was what led to Hubbard, Lavon, and Cooper being built. The period from 1950 to 1970s saw some of the coldest winters in North America as well.

Of course, onegood week with overrunning Gulf moisture and a stationary low and the lakes will be full again.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:40 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
I don't think they will draw from Texoma--
the zebra mussels are horrible problem and once they are in plumbing runs they are pretty much unbeatable by any means...

as far as the drought--
Texas Interactive Drought Conditions Map
shows FTW is still almost 6 inches low

Despite rain, North Texas drought is far from over | State | News from Fort Worth, Dalla...

read what it has to say about lakes and watershed that feeds into FTW water zone

Old 10-21-2011, 11:02 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,748,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I don't think they will draw from Texoma--
the zebra mussels are horrible problem and once they are in plumbing runs they are pretty much unbeatable by any means...

as far as the drought--
Texas Interactive Drought Conditions Map
shows FTW is still almost 6 inches low

Despite rain, North Texas drought is far from over | State | News from Fort Worth, Dalla...

read what it has to say about lakes and watershed that feeds into FTW water zone
They said that much of the area W and NW did just fine. Those areas go over ten inches.

Overall, we are down 20 inches in DFW and over 30 inches East of I-35.

If Ray Hubbard starts to go dry, they will use Texoma. Its on the meeting minutes from COE.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:38 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - Fort Worth District

But at least there is this...kind of.

North Texas Municipal Water District plan would allow seasonal pumping (http://www.heralddemocrat.com/hd/NTMWD_pumping_plan - broken link)

Old 05-09-2014, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,331 times
If we are in such a critical water situation why can my neighbor build a swimming pool. They started building the pool April 21, 2014 and it won't be long before they fill it. I checked my water meter on the scheduled water day and found out that I use around 100 gallons on that day to water my yard and other usages, I found out it will take over 10,000 gallons to fill a pool. How can this happen if our lakes are low.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:11 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy2013 View Post
If we are in such a critical water situation why can my neighbor build a swimming pool. They started building the pool April 21, 2014 and it won't be long before they fill it. I checked my water meter on the scheduled water day and found out that I use around 100 gallons on that day to water my yard and other usages, I found out it will take over 10,000 gallons to fill a pool. How can this happen if our lakes are low.
I don't know. To be honest, I'm kind of pissed that people with pools are not required to drain and protect them. My lawn is DYING, I can only water twice a MONTH, yet these people are wasting hundreds of gallons a month on a POOL. It's outrageous IMHO. I also think the city should not issue ONE MORE PERMIT to build a freaking pool. It's ridiculous. If that water wasn't pure poison I'd be tempted to go over there with buckets, bail out water, and pour it on my lawn. But I can't, and won't.

Still, though. That expensive frivolity is a slap in the face to those of us who take these restrictions SERIOUSLY and who are doing everything we can to conserve. I even save water from my sink from rinsing things so I can water my plants with it. I flush every OTHER number #1 I do. Seriously. Some of us are doing way more than what's required. My car has had bird crap on it for 2 weeks because I won't wash it on my driveway. I should send the bill for the car wash to the city and tell them to pass it on to a pool owner.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:20 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,747,540 times
I'm more annoyed that they major purpose of Lake Lavon is to ensure that Lake Ray Hubbard has enough water so that City of Dallas residents can water twice a *week* not twice a month like the rest of the area. What good does it do for the rest of us to conserve when the largest city in the entire metroplex can't be bothered to conserve?

Old 05-09-2014, 10:26 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
I'm more annoyed that they major purpose of Lake Lavon is to ensure that Lake Ray Hubbard has enough water so that City of Dallas residents can water twice a *week* not twice a month like the rest of the area. What good does it do for the rest of us to conserve when the largest city in the entire metroplex can't be bothered to conserve?
Yup, that pisses me off too.

They should have to conserve too. If we have to suffer, so should they.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:28 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,823 times
You think they got the water for their pool out of nowhere? They paid for it, just as you paid for yours. Therefore, their water bill is higher. I don't see a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas