Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 09:46 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,683,277 times

Advertisements

How is Stonebridge community? Any good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 05:42 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinipig523 View Post
How is Stonebridge community? Any good?
Beautiful Master Planned community with something for everyone.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:52 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,558,230 times
We live in Stonebridge and we love it. Great neighborhood...all price ranges, great schools, beautiful area. We really love living in Mckinney. I've written a number of posts about why we chose Mckinney over the other Collin County burbs...you can search by my user name to find them, so I am not going to rehash it all again

One thing though...I don't recall what your price range is, but the fact that you mentioned park cities and Southlake, sounds like you are on quite the high end. Although I love Mckinney, as a newcomer to the area, I would be hesitant to spend much more than $500 on a house here. There number of homes above this mark are pretty limited...there are pocket neighborhoods (some that are simply gorgeous) that are all high-end homes in the $600-1 mil range, but they tend to sit on the market a long time, as that is not the typical person looking for a home here.So I wouldn't drop that kind of cash on a home here unless I was sure it was going to be a long-time deal. That being said, what you can get for the money is great, and there are some fabulous homes in sought after neighborhood in the $350-$600 range that go pretty quickly.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:04 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,102,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
McKinney is indeed and has been for some time an up and coming city to be in. Recently listed on CNN's top places to live as #5.
Best Places to Live 2010 - Top 100: City details: McKinney, TX - from MONEY Magazine

And because McKinney is so diverse there is a wide range of income, jobs, people through out the city. Also McKinney in the past 3 years has completed 2 new hospitals w/ Baylor being one of them, and there is soon to be a new renovation to the main McKinney Hospital in 2012.

McKinney has been on the fastest growing list in the country for several years (2006-8) and was THE fastest growing in the country. For example from 2000-2010 the population has increased over 130%. There are areas that have housing from low $100's to areas w/ homes well over $1.5M. If you want more details about McKinney feel from to DM me.
Agreed, and these are some of the reasons why we chose to live there, instead of Plano/Frisco where I'd lived for decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoGirl View Post
We live in Stonebridge and we love it. Great neighborhood...all price ranges, great schools, beautiful area. We really love living in Mckinney. I've written a number of posts about why we chose Mckinney over the other Collin County burbs...you can search by my user name to find them, so I am not going to rehash it all again

One thing though...I don't recall what your price range is, but the fact that you mentioned park cities and Southlake, sounds like you are on quite the high end. Although I love Mckinney, as a newcomer to the area, I would be hesitant to spend much more than $500 on a house here. There number of homes above this mark are pretty limited...there are pocket neighborhoods (some that are simply gorgeous) that are all high-end homes in the $600-1 mil range, but they tend to sit on the market a long time, as that is not the typical person looking for a home here.So I wouldn't drop that kind of cash on a home here unless I was sure it was going to be a long-time deal. That being said, what you can get for the money is great, and there are some fabulous homes in sought after neighborhood in the $350-$600 range that go pretty quickly.
I would also second this. Mckinney has some VERY expensive homes, but they are not as common as in Southlake. However, there are plenty of neighborhoods that are fairly new where average home price is 300-500k, with lots of .25acre, and some with bigger. But, anything over 500k is probably the top 2-3% of homes here. Before the housing crash, it was probably about 10%, but homes that were going for 1mil or more can now be had for 7-800k.

I planned on being in my home for at least 5 years, probably around 10. So far, we love it here.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:10 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,683,277 times
Our budget is 800-1mil.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:14 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Our budget is 800-1mil.
It would be Moderator cut: see comment foolish to spend that much money ANYWHERE EXCEPT:
West Plano (75093)
Highland Park / University Park
Southlake
Colleyville
parts of Flower Mound
Preston Hollow/ North Dallas
Lakewood (East Dallas) - 75214

Simply put, $800k-$1M puts you in the top 5-10% of the home market in pretty much any other place in the metroplex. It's just not a safe buy for your money.

If you want to live in Frisco / Prosper/ McKinney/ Allen, etc, totally fine. Just half your home budget to $400-500k and you'll be in a much safer purchasing range.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-11-2011 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: Per TOS, Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults - words replaced w/it & foolish

Old 11-11-2011, 05:50 PM

3,836 posts, read 4,444,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
It would be Moderator cut: see comment foolish to spend that much money ANYWHERE EXCEPT:
West Plano (75093)
Southlake
Colleyville
parts of Flower Mound

Simply put, $800k-$1M puts you in the top 5-10% of the home market in pretty much any other place in the metroplex. It's just not a safe buy for your money.

If you want to live in Frisco / Prosper/ McKinney/ Allen, etc, totally fine. Just half your home budget to $400-500k and you'll be in a much safer purchasing range.

I agree with you here TC, but none of these places gives the OP a good commute to his job in McKinney...so maybe it's better to halve the budget and go for the top end homes in McKinney, or maybe Fairview and Prosper.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-11-2011 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: updated quoted post

Old 11-11-2011, 05:59 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I agree with you here TC, but none of these places gives the OP a good commute to his job in McKinney...so maybe it's better to halve the budget and go for the top end homes in McKinney, or maybe Fairview and Prosper.
For sure!! I wasn't recommending Colleyville or Lakewood, just saying those are the places for his budget.

If he wants to live closer to work, ABSOLUTELY no reason to spend more than 50% of his budget.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:13 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
Our budget is 800-1mil.

For around 60-70% of your max budget you can have a very nice home in McKinney, that is around the median of upper end and have a nice "jog" or easy bike ride to work. 10 min tops by car on those Texas winter days/nights, including waiting at the lights.

There are also a few communities within 15 min. drive to the hospital that have excellent schools, and have recently been recognized by the TEA as some of the best in the State. Eddins Elementary, Walker Elementary and Boyd High School have been NCEA recognized as Commended (highest rank possible) for Higher Performing Schools. The Commended ranking puts them in the top 10% of the State for their status.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:34 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,558,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
West Plano (75093)
Southlake
Colleyville
parts of Flower Mound

I'd give ya some love, but I gotta spread it around a little first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas