Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 02:23 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times

Advertisements

I would look at Plano, Allen, or Murphy. All have very large South Asian communities and good schools.

I live in the Russell Creek area of Plano and half my neighborhood is from India or Pakistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 03:07 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,461,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
I would look at Plano, Allen, or Murphy. All have very large South Asian communities and good schools.

I live in the Russell Creek area of Plano and half my neighborhood is from India or Pakistan.
I'm probably somewhat near to your location. Personally, I don't really find the schools good as it seems the teachers teach to the laziest / dumbest kids in the class and ignore the kids that are several grade levels ahead. Granted that happens at most places in the USA, and there are probably far fewer 'bad apples' here percentage-wise, but the difference is strikingly obvious. However, an environment where many of ones' peers value doing well in school because of parental pressure is definitely a plus, ... but the students' achievement and knowledge is definitely not driven by the teaching at the school.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:45 PM

812 posts, read 2,184,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
You must have lived in Las Colinas not Valley Ranch.

Its all Irving anyways, just completely different sides of town.
No, I'm pretty sure the house I owned was in Valley Ranch, on the canal on Blue Jay Way in a section of houses with streets named after Beatle songs.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:51 PM

812 posts, read 2,184,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post

I'd look at the Lovejoy school district in the eastern part of Allen/Murphy/Fairview. We lived there 7 years and loved it.

Exemplary schools. Very diverse. We listed our house for sale and sold it in one day with 2 offers, full price, with each having 50% cash down. One of the best investments we've done.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:53 PM

37 posts, read 69,052 times
Default Thanks

Thanks for all your help. We were in valley ranch area with coppell isd. I will try looking at the other cities you all mentioned. Our priority is good schools and safe place to raise a family.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:52 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,102,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhm View Post
Thanks for all your help. We were in valley ranch area with coppell isd. I will try looking at the other cities you all mentioned. Our priority is good schools and safe place to raise a family.
Plano was recently voted safest city in America, and McKinney was voted number 5 of Best Places to Live by Money Magazine for 2010, but since Frisco and Allen are all right next to each other, you really can't go wrong by picking any of them. Just find a house you like with a good, short commute, and you'll be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas