Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 10:04 AM

19 posts, read 44,658 times

Advertisements

I just read through a thread about Wiley(sp) and I soooo do not wish to get one of those started. In earlier months we decided on Houston but have since decided that the DFW area would better suite our liking. My family is moving from NY to the Dallas area. My husband is in IT and I just wish to find an nice area in DFW to do so. We have run into racial issues in other places and wish to move to an area that has diversity and as little negative race relation issues as possible.
I have children that will be in the public school systems and are soncerned about that and would like to live in an area that would be safe and diverse. Can anyone let me know is Sachse is a good town and some other places I should consider. Thanks so much in advance. could you also let me know how urban these areas are. If possible we would like to move to a "live" area. But safety and diversity are at the tops of our lists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 11:19 AM

350 posts, read 867,454 times
Sachse is not urban at all. It's also not particularly diverse, but you aren't going to encounter any problems. There are plenty of black people around Sachse, but not nearly as many as you'll find closer to the city.

Remember that Sachse does not have its own school district. The Dallas County part of the city is in the Garland ISD and the Collin County part is in Wylie ISD. I strongly recommend the Garland ISD side. Sachse HS is a good, diverse school.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:47 AM

1,315 posts, read 2,679,239 times
Your price range will partly determine what the options will be ....Wylie is a safe,diverse,affordable surburb.Sachse is very similar.Yes, there are some suburbs thatare alot more diverse than others.You should choose a suburb that you are comfortable with.The Dfw metroplex is a wonderful,welcom
ing place to raise a family.We moved here for a job transfer from Greenwich,Ct and have been thrilled with the area we chose and the school district.Our price range was under $400,000 and we built new in Prosper.Good luck and welcome!

Old 01-11-2012, 12:34 PM

827 posts, read 1,672,057 times
BOTH towns are good I lived in Wylie and had Drs. in Sachse. ALSO Murphy [beside BOTH] is a good place as well.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:53 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,529,597 times
my advise from wanting to live in Houston to now Dallas. My opinion find a job first then scout the area. Also- rent first get to know the area's you see online and go from there.

GISD is a great district- vastly diverse check there website out which shows the population demographics. GISD Facts & Figures

Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 PM

111 posts, read 146,879 times
We are African American (I am West Indian background from NYC, wife American from the South) and live in Murphy. I am pleasantly pleased at the diversity (Black American, African, Indian, Other Asian, Middle Eastern, etc.) within Murphy/Wylie and I can assume Sachse.

I haven't ran into any race issues that are above and beyond anything else that I would experience in any other American suburb. Some ignorance experienced, yes, but out and out racism, no.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:33 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,679,239 times
Murphy is diverse and affordable....great option

Old 01-11-2012, 02:34 PM

6,800 posts, read 14,018,392 times
There is diversity in just about every suburban city in the DFW area. Before offering you any advice we need to know what is your budget and were will you be working. This information would greatly help us narrow down your options. I have black have been living in Dallas for nearly 50 years. There is diversity in Sasche and Wylie and I would have zero issues living in either town. I would not consider either of them urban areas. They are simply outer ring suburban towns.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:39 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
If youre looking for a diverse suburb, have you considered Plano?

Old 01-11-2012, 08:44 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times
All the suburbs run together, so you're going to have about the same diversity in all those NE cities. If you drive up Murphy Rd, in about 1/2 mile distance, you've just driven in Sachse, Garland, Richardson, Plano, and Murphy. I'm serious! Murphy Rd is where 5 cities connect in a very short distance, so you can't really split them out into their own "identities" because they aren't separate anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas