Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2007, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 9,922 times

Advertisements

My husband is a tennis pro here in LA. He teaches tennis at a local country club. We just recently drove through Rockwall and fell in love! We have looked at The Shores Country Club site. Does anyone know about this club? The site listed only one tennis pro. Are there others working there?

Can anyone give me a list of other country clubs in the area? Thank you so much. It's very difficult to find this type of job in place that we are not familiar with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 10:03 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
The Shores is a VERY nice club. They offer some great programs in the summer for the kids (one is a week long golf, tennis, swim camp). The city of Garland also has a tennis facility. I do know that my neighbor takes lessons from the pro at their tennis center and plays. Here is a link:
Tennis Center - City of Garland (http://www.ci.garland.tx.us/Home/Departments/Recreation+and+Cultural+Services/Parks+and+Recreation/R05+-+E+Tennis+Center.htm - broken link)

You might also check w/ the school district for the high schools as most do have tennis teams.

Another club not too far from Rockwall is the Dallas Athletic Club.
Blue Course - Dallas Athletic Club (http://www.dallasathleticclub.org/fw/main/Blue_Course-3.html - broken link)

Old 09-18-2007, 01:49 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,240,907 times
There are tons of country clubs in Dallas There is also Oakridge in West Garland, it wouldn't be much of a drive either.

http://www.oakridgecctexas.com/layout9.asp?id=7&page=57 (broken link)

Eastern Hills is in Garland as well

http://www.oakridgecctexas.com/layout9.asp?id=7&page=57 (broken link)

There are quite a few more up towards Plano, and North Dallas, but it would be a bit of a drive for everyday.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:37 AM

625 posts, read 1,956,898 times
Default From a tennis player's perspective...

Dallas has a ton of country clubs, which you can discover by just googling "country clubs" and "dallas",

I was heavily-involved (high state rank) tennis player as a junior. These are the hotbeds of junior tennis in the area (if your husband is into that sort of thing). If your husband is chill with teaching old ladies all the time, any country club will fit the bill, but as far as good juniors go, this is where they're at in the D/FW area:

1) Brookhaven. This was THE place back when I was a junior. Good on both girls and guys sides. Head Junior Pro was a huge pain, not sure if he's still there, but the place cares about their tennis facilities- clay courts, outdoor courts, indoor courts, a/c'ed indoor courts, everything!

2) T-Bar M. All the guys left for this place after I went to college. Really snotty atmosphere, gets a lot of Highland Park people. Probably very similar to LA.

3) Glen Eagles. A lot of the Plano players play here because Brookhaven and T-Bar M are really far. Really strong girl's program, so-so on the guys.

4) Lakes. This place is in Frisco. Up-and-coming program. All the frisco people are here.

5) High Point. This isn't a country club per say, but a city-owned tennis center. Used to have an incredible junior program that went way south with the increasing economic split in Plano.

6) Bent Tree Country Club: This place place has a decent junior program, but it incredible tennis facilities.

7) Canyon Creek Country Club: Another mid-level junior program. average tennis facilities (they do have a few clay courts).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're looking for nice tennis facilities, the only other place I can think of is Northwood Country Club. There are a ton of country clubs in Dallas (I think we have more country clubs per capita than anywhere else. What does that say about us?) but not all of them cater to juniors (which is my angle). I've never been able to play at Dallas Athletic Club (which is supposed to be extremely exclusive, back when we had A-Rod, and he wanted to join this place, they wouldn't let him jump their extremely long waitlist) or the Shores.

Best of luck!

Old 09-20-2007, 08:01 PM

2 posts, read 9,922 times
Thank you so much for the help!

Old 11-04-2007, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,849 times
Another tennis resort Four Seasons. Your husband can read up on the tennis community at The Tennis Hacker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas