Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 06:39 PM

27 posts, read 81,356 times

Advertisements

I am new to Dallas; I was wondering if there was any Algerians in the metroplex. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 10:08 AM

3 posts, read 11,163 times
My husband is Algerian, but we are moving to Houston this month. I heard there was a small community in the Arlington/Irvin area, but I am not sure. Check the local mosques and see if you can meet few families. Good luck.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:37 PM

Check out the soccer leagues in Dallas, my husband used to play with few guys that I have never met myself. How about Morrocans, I had wonderful Morrocan friends. I met few of them at Zitouna market on Arapaho and Coit.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:41 AM

Hey ysms! any luck meeting new algerian friends in the Dallas area?

Old 02-27-2009, 10:53 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,254,649 times
Yes there are some lurking around from McKinney to Rockwall to Fort Worth to Arlington. There isn't a "community" per se like some other nationalities such as Hindu and Pakistani that have a big presence in Irving. Algerians are spread out.

Naima

Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalafatma View Post
Hey ysms! any luck meeting new algerian friends in the Dallas area?
No yet. Thank you lalafatima for your posts. I like your screen name.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
Yes there are some lurking around from McKinney to Rockwall to Fort Worth to Arlington. There isn't a "community" per se like some other nationalities such as Hindu and Pakistani that have a big presence in Irving. Algerians are spread out.

Naima
Thank you nsumner. I kinda agree with you regarding the lack of a solid Algerian community.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,534 times
Hi ysms,
I'm an Algerian in Dallas I'm pretty new to the area myself ( moved down here from tulsa in recent months ) I'm kind getting used to the hectic traffic that i'm NOT used to it , right now I'm in Richardson area , if you want want to get in touch , feel free to shot me an email , or simply respond to this AD Thanks & looking forward to hearing from you soon....

later ,

Old 05-29-2009, 12:58 AM

3 posts, read 12,376 times
yes body, there are many algerians here in dfw area, i heard that most of them are in richardson, their address is 9930 buckingham rd, dallas tx 75243, or just go to the richardson mosque and look for toufik from indonisia, he knows lot of them, you'll find him in magrib salat or icha salat. salam alaikom brother.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentiman View Post
Hi ysms,
I'm an Algerian in Dallas I'm pretty new to the area myself ( moved down here from tulsa in recent months ) I'm kind getting used to the hectic traffic that i'm NOT used to it , right now I'm in Richardson area , if you want want to get in touch , feel free to shot me an email , or simply respond to this AD Thanks & looking forward to hearing from you soon....

later ,
Thank you for your reply. I will get in touch with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas