Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 07:52 AM

127 posts, read 259,157 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have used DART a few times late at night coming home from Mavs games. I always felt pretty safe as the train was pretty crowded with people. Its kind of fun actually, especially if we've won.
Thats not always been the case coming home from the State Fair though. The trains were not as crowded and there were some shady characters and panhandlers that made us a little uncomfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 11:30 AM

4 posts, read 10,153 times
Thanks for the replies everyone! The event was very fun, and the ride back was extremely safe. There were a lot of families, and they rode with us all the way back to the downtown carrollton station, which is the second last stop on the green line from victory station. Overall, everything was a great experience!

Old 08-14-2012, 11:56 AM

112 posts, read 314,683 times
Glad it worked out for you! My husband and I rode Dart from Plano to West End Station to catch a concert at the AA Center. It was a weeknight and we made the mistake of not checking the Dart Rail schedule beforehand. By the time we got out of the concert and walked over to the West End Station, the trains weren't running up to Plano anymore. That was an expensive cab ride home!! Lesson learned...check the schedules first.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:13 PM

53 posts, read 143,054 times
You should be fine, but you're best off getting your CHL and carrying wherever possible. I have a friend who was being harassed by a group of Moderator cut: Off-Topic youth on a dart train late at night, and all he did was reveal his handgun holster, and he was immediately left alone.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 08-16-2012 at 09:43 PM..

Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 AM

127 posts, read 259,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSherman View Post
You should be fine, but you're best off getting your CHL and carrying wherever possible. I have a friend who was being harassed by a group of Moderator cut: Off-Topic youth on a dart train late at night, and all he did was reveal his handgun holster, and he was immediately left alone.
This is why I no longer have any fear on the ride home from the state fair anymore, no matter what time it is.

But Mike, I believe the AA center might be posted 30.06 and even if not the WWE might be considered a "Professional Sporting Event" in which case you couldn't carry a gun in there anyways and since you took the train you would have nowhere to put it.

But definitely if you are comfortable with guns, get a CHL and carry everywhere you are legally permitted to!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 08-16-2012 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: updated quoted text

Old 08-16-2012, 05:50 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,628,243 times
Whatever you do AVOID the West End Station........unless you want to see first hand the "benefits" welfare has to offer!!

Old 08-17-2012, 06:44 AM

69 posts, read 121,861 times
That route is safe ONLY when there is an event otherwise, it can be sketchy.. when there is an event there are a lot of people on the train so the risk goes down quite a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas