Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:12 PM

13 posts, read 27,843 times

Advertisements

I received a ticket that I violated the water sprinkler restriction during 10am - 6pm. I was completely unaware of time restrictions for watering lawns. I knew about watering for no more than two days a week but had no idea of time restrictions. Can I fight this ticket? I am new in the neighborhood, actually just relocated and also a first time home owner so this is all new to me. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 10:53 PM

19,798 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJ854 View Post
I received a ticket that I violated the water sprinkler restriction during 10am - 6pm. I was completely unaware of time restrictions for watering lawns. I knew about watering for no more than two days a week but had no idea of time restrictions. Can I fight this ticket? I am new in the neighborhood, actually just relocated and also a first time home owner so this is all new to me. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
In Dallas?

Old 10-21-2012, 06:36 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Probably not but you can try. Everywhere I see signs telling you what days you can water, there are the restricted hours in a larger font.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:29 AM

13 posts, read 27,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
In Dallas?
I live in murphy.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:29 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
If you have an HOA, that information is usually spelled out pretty clearly in the bylaws for the neighborhood as well, and should have been read before closing.

I don't think it's worth trying to fight it, now that you know the rules, set your sprinkler system accordingly. Most likely though, you probably have a nosy neighbor who reported you, so I'd be careful that you don't violate any other rules and regs if you live in an HOA area.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:37 AM

19,798 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
If you have an HOA, that information is usually spelled out pretty clearly in the bylaws for the neighborhood as well, and should have been read before closing.

I don't think it's worth trying to fight it, now that you know the rules, set your sprinkler system accordingly. Most likely though, you probably have a nosy neighbor who reported you, so I'd be careful that you don't violate any other rules and regs if you live in an HOA area.
I'm thinking the OP was burned by a city watering restriction not an HOA violation.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:40 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
My city has it on a rotating civic message electronic board. You might miss it if it's not "on" when you are at the intersection.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:24 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I'm thinking the OP was burned by a city watering restriction not an HOA violation.

The HOA normally reminds everyone of the CITY reg's and requirements like water restrictions & other violations.

The violation is obviously a city code violation, that was called in by a neighbor most likely.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:39 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
The HOA normally reminds everyone of the CITY reg's and requirements like water restrictions & other violations.

The violation is obviously a city code violation, that was called in by a neighbor most likely.
Our old HOA didn't mention anything about recent water restrictions...the city however aired it all over the radio and TV.

Anyhow, I can identify some what with the OP, we just recently moved and wasn't notified about water restrictions and didn't hear it about on the news or air waves. I just happened to be talking to someone who recently moved to the Dallas area from my old stumping grounds and they mentioned the restrictions. I think the problem here is the OP moving in after the mass media alert on water restrictions during the Spring and Summer months. We're entering Fall and the City probably doesn't give much thought to alerting people but they still enforce the codes. Now with all that said, I couldn't tell you how things will go with the city but you can always plead your case an see what happens.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:26 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,748,805 times
The Murphy City Manager has indicated that they are giving warnings for first time violations, but I know of three instances where that has not happened.

You can go to the Municipal Court and fight it there. Murphy, TX - Official Website - Courts

But I highly recommend you email the City Manager and let him know your situation:

James Fisher- JFisher@MurphyTX.org

Also, you can copy the City Council at Council@MurphyTX.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas