Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,234 times

Advertisements

My fiancee and i are considering moving to Texas from long island with our two year old son.i hate it here.far to liberal for us and expensive and the people suck and just no.no more.he has family in Texas and Texas seems to provide everything we want for our future, were Catholic, gun owning, fairly conservative people who would like to homeschool eventually. Anyway, at the moment fiancee is unemployed (good ole ny for ya) but we get along ok on my waitress pay. I make 5/hr plus about 100/ night. I can transfer to begin with while fiancee looks for work but how much of a difference would i see in my tips there as compared to here? Thanks got the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 04:13 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
That would have to depend on the kind of establishment you work in. Denny's. Vs. Abblebees. Vs. Ruth's Chris steak house. Servers in full time employment with popular fine dining establishments average total earnings is in the $50k-$60k range. But then you said you were a waitress, so I'm thinking that your level is not in the fine dining world. Can't really give you input on tips for basic family restaurants. Probably others will have some comments...

Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,234 times
I currently work at outback so i could transfer to start but i would rather go for a more upscale place depending on what type of work the fiancee can find. Currently, in ny i pull in about 25k but with rent car inns and expenses it doesn't go typo far, luckily were pretty laid back low maintenance kinda people. Cost of living comparison shoes id have to make about 17k to even out to what i make here.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 PM

812 posts, read 2,184,401 times
DFW is the restaurant capital of the world. People eat out here a lot. And then there's the Indian resorts just north in OK. Cost of living is much lower. I think you'd be very happy here. Lots of opportunities.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:31 PM

472 posts, read 1,098,028 times
There are many upscale steak houses in Dallas. I was averaging 1300 a week at one fine dining restaurant in uptown. Why I left that kind of money for a "real" job is beyond me but if you're in the right place the money will follow. The hourly is 2.13 plus tips here so you won't get a paycheck. A lot of restaurants here post on Craigslist too. There are even casual restaurants you can easily make 150-250 on a Monday night here too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: