Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,654 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I'm a single professional AA female moving to Dallas soon for work. I'm trying to decide where to live but I'm not too familiar with Dallas neighborhoods. I want to be in an area that has a lot of do in walking distance w/ an urban feel but I'm over the big party scene and need to be able to sleep on a weekday night too! I'm also looking for diversity as well. I've heard a lot about living in Uptown but downtown (at least on paper??) seems like it would be a good option too. I'll be working off Duncanville Road in Dallas and I don't think I want to live in that area because it doesn't seem like there is a lot to do out there. My budget is about $1300/month but I can go higher if I'm in love with the apartment. Any suggestions and help are much appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 09:55 AM

812 posts, read 2,184,845 times
Not sure where Duncanville Road is but I think you'd feel really good in north Oak Cliff, just south of Downtown. Very urbane, up and coming, hip, great restaurants and bars but also quiet. Easy commute to about anywhere in Dallas/Ft Worth. Now I don't know the rental costs there but I'm sure you can google to find info. Bishop Arts District. Uptown is expensive and there are a ton of gays there, not that that's anything wrong; you just need to know what you're getting into so you can feel comfy. You'll find Dallas very welcoming to an AA. We've come a long way, baby! Welcome!

Old 11-18-2012, 06:32 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,395,125 times
Move Uptown or more likely State Thomas area. It's actually walkable and has a city feel to it. You can rent Uptown why deciding where you really want to be. However there are plenty of bars, restaurants and shopping nearby.

Downtown is more a marketing consruct than an organic area. People live there but aren't there.

If you're greek, look for the involvement and leads from your local alumni chapters.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:19 PM

6,822 posts, read 14,041,292 times
Duncanville road is a good distance from downtown Dallas but it would be a reverse commute so you would face little traffic. North Oak Cliff/ Bishop Arts district is the area I would suggest you concentrate on. Uptown would be a nice choice also since everything would be within walking distance.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,694,877 times
north Oak Cliff near the Bishop Arts District. It's a no brainer

Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 PM

3 posts, read 4,702 times
Lakewood Heights/M Streets area is really nice. Only a few streets away from bars and restaurants but still nice and quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: