Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 12:35 PM

33 posts, read 83,185 times

Advertisements

Looks like this will be a nice development. Prices are a little higher than I'd like and HOA is $150+/month?

What is everyone's thoughts on this area? Lebanon/main.

The Tribute is right there and their prices are better, but increasing. The Tribute seems to finally be getting interest. Is this area getting ready to take off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Looks like it's going to be a nice development with a great location.

Yes, prices are going up with the price of land leading the way. 2013 should see some strong sales and at least a 5-8% increase in prices. Just my educated opinion from talking with many of the local builders.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:55 PM

I know Highland and American legend in The Tribute both had two price increases in last few months. I wonder if Phillips creek ranch will help that whole area. I also saw a new grocery store going in.

Any idea on 423 progress/timeline?

Old 01-01-2013, 01:58 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Calloway's is building on 423, in front of those apts that Little Elm stuck to Frisco ISD. Clearly they expect more residential development in the area.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:17 PM
H22

42 posts, read 101,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgolf75 View Post
I know Highland and American legend in The Tribute both had two price increases in last few months. I wonder if Phillips creek ranch will help that whole area. I also saw a new grocery store going in.

Any idea on 423 progress/timeline?
Road Repairs

Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 AM

67 posts, read 164,321 times
That is going to be a very nice development! Their plans online look very nice, and they're the same developer as Lantana near Flower Mound/Argyle. Lantana has become a fantastic neighborhood. Frisco is still a highly desirable area, especially for the school district. The builder names I see listed are good quality. I've seen Lions Gate, Meritage, Standard Pacific, and I think Highland on their website, probably others have or soon will sign on. There is a Tom Thumb going in on 423 and either Main or Stonebriar, I can't remember which. There is a lot of land there, and the area is growing at a very fast pace. Prices do seem to be going up with builders all over the area, we noticed about a $40,000-50,000 increase in the area we're looking at over the last year. That has priced us out of plans we looked at before, which is very dis-heartening, but a positive sign that the local real estate market is rebounding well.

I'm not sure if The Tribute is Frisco ISD or Lewisville ISD, since they're in The Colony. Feedback I've heard from friends regarding Colony schools makes me not want to enroll my kids there, but that's just my opinion, be sure to do your own research. There are some people who love The Colony and have chewed me out in private messages for having a negative opinion! The Tribute is beautiful and has fabulous amenities, I'm sure it will be a great neighborhood.

I have heard rumors of Frisco looking to annex Little Elm and the Savannah development to the north on 380... has anyone else heard of this? I can't find any news articles about it, but keep hearing it from different people. That would be very interesting.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:29 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
If I am not mistaken, The Tribute is in Little Elm ISD. The development on the northwest side of the intersection of 423 and Lebanon makes a big deal about Frisco ISD on their sign (Waterford?) to differentiate themselves from the Little Elm ISD just down the street.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFamily View Post
That is going to be a very nice development! Their plans online look very nice, and they're the same developer as Lantana near Flower Mound/Argyle. Lantana has become a fantastic neighborhood. Frisco is still a highly desirable area, especially for the school district. The builder names I see listed are good quality. I've seen Lions Gate, Meritage, Standard Pacific, and I think Highland on their website, probably others have or soon will sign on. There is a Tom Thumb going in on 423 and either Main or Stonebriar, I can't remember which. There is a lot of land there, and the area is growing at a very fast pace. Prices do seem to be going up with builders all over the area, we noticed about a $40,000-50,000 increase in the area we're looking at over the last year. That has priced us out of plans we looked at before, which is very dis-heartening, but a positive sign that the local real estate market is rebounding well.

I'm not sure if The Tribute is Frisco ISD or Lewisville ISD, since they're in The Colony. Feedback I've heard from friends regarding Colony schools makes me not want to enroll my kids there, but that's just my opinion, be sure to do your own research. There are some people who love The Colony and have chewed me out in private messages for having a negative opinion! The Tribute is beautiful and has fabulous amenities, I'm sure it will be a great neighborhood.

I have heard rumors of Frisco looking to annex Little Elm and the Savannah development to the north on 380... has anyone else heard of this? I can't find any news articles about it, but keep hearing it from different people. That would be very interesting.
Not sure of Texas laws regarding annexations, but can a city annex another city? Little Elm is an incorporated city. Would they not have to dissolve first to then be annexed?

Now Savannah is in unincorporated Denton County. Frisco could annex it. But some of the nearby developments... Paloma Creek I believe.... have been annexed into Little Elm.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
If I am not mistaken, The Tribute is in Little Elm ISD. The development on the northwest side of the intersection of 423 and Lebanon makes a big deal about Frisco ISD on their sign (Waterford?) to differentiate themselves from the Little Elm ISD just down the street.
Yes, The Tribute is serviced by Little Elm ISD. They are building a K-8 school out there within the development, scheduled for 2015 opening. They are calling it a STEM academy (science, technology, engineering, and math). I believe any little elm student can apply to go there if they meet academic requirements. And I don't think the Tribute kids have to go there. Not sure what the expected size or enrollment will be. After 8th grade, the kids are off to little elm high school, which there is only one and I can't imagine the need to build another.

Phillips Creek will have elementary schools within the neighborhood for its elementary needs. While they won't have an advanced curriculum like The Tribute, they will obviously be Frisco ISD, which is a selling point in itself. I believe their plans are for 4 schools total. Think Castle Hills or Lantana

Old 01-07-2013, 12:30 PM

67 posts, read 164,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Not sure of Texas laws regarding annexations, but can a city annex another city? Little Elm is an incorporated city. Would they not have to dissolve first to then be annexed?

Now Savannah is in unincorporated Denton County. Frisco could annex it. But some of the nearby developments... Paloma Creek I believe.... have been annexed into Little Elm.
I'm not sure, either. I thought it was strange because I've heard it now from 2 people who don't know each other but live near there, so something must have sparked a rumor. I would think Savannah would be annexed by Prosper, Little Elm, or Aubrey before Frisco. And Frisco buying out Little Elm sounded very odd. I can't find anyting on it at all, so probably nothing more than rumors. I think I'll start a separate thread....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas