Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 AM

115 posts, read 194,035 times

Advertisements

Built or buy? More pre existing homes start coming for sale after Easter, as people usually like to move after end of the school year. I would say start looking and grab one that you like because inventory is low and you don't want to miss out on something you like by waiting for perfect one to come.

If you can negotiate with someone whose been on market for a while then you may get a great deal, if you like the house enough. Of course many owners have enough aquity that they are in no rush and willing to wait to get their asking price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 08:09 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowyy View Post
Built or buy? More pre existing homes start coming for sale after Easter, as people usually like to move after end of the school year. I would say start looking and grab one that you like because inventory is low and you don't want to miss out on something you like by waiting for perfect one to come.

If you can negotiate with someone whose been on market for a while then you may get a great deal, if you like the house enough. Of course many owners have enough aquity that they are in no rush and willing to wait to get their asking price.
I don't know about Plano, but even dumpy overpriced houses in Richardson are flying off the market.

It's really a seller's market right now. The OP needs to be realistic; if a house has been on the market for a while then the seller doesn't really want to sell and probably won't want to negotiate.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:55 AM

11 posts, read 18,926 times
Every seller wants to sell so no harm in making a reasonable offer. You'll never know unless you asked. Of course no one is accepting low ball offers now so be sensible. If you can eliminate contingencies and have a guarnteed loan with decent down payment then even stubborn owners might feel tempted.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:23 PM

110 posts, read 161,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downton View Post
Every seller wants to sell so no harm in making a reasonable offer. You'll never know unless you asked. Of course no one is accepting low ball offers now so be sensible. If you can eliminate contingencies and have a guaranteed loan with decent down payment then even stubborn owners might feel tempted.
Very true and the road I always take!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM

29 posts, read 45,824 times
The above posts are right-everything comes with trade offs unless you have an unlimited budget. With that being said, Frisco (along with McKinney) is the new Plano. You can buy for less, knowing that your property values are going to grow. Plano continues to hold steady.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:52 PM

87 posts, read 135,527 times
Schools and commute are the reason people are still fighting over older homes of HP, UP, Plano and Coppell though there are shiny new burbs to have for less money.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:38 PM

5 posts, read 9,085 times
Default Need some guidance

Hi- we(couple and 2 small kids) are now in the exact same situation as you were 6 months back- Frisco vs WP. If you were able to take a decision, would like to hear your first hand experience, and whether you would take the same decision again.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveinSept View Post
Thank you all for the inputs...
Its been just a few months since we moved to Plano. I was recently told to wait till Apri-June if I am looking for a built house as more houses will come in to market as the school year closes. How true is this?

Old 12-21-2013, 10:19 AM

193 posts, read 437,892 times
It's pretty true - inventory does usually increase as the school year winds down for the year. Most families are looking to move during the summer months as to not disrupt the kids's routine and school schedule. I would say to start looking after spring break in March and prior to August if possible. Most kids go back to school at the end of August and you probably want to settle in before that.

Plano is a great area, but Frisco is also very family oriented and has excellent schools. You can't really go wrong buying in either city. Good luck with your home search!

Old 12-21-2013, 07:06 PM

794 posts, read 1,670,929 times
I live in Plano and as you can tell by my posts, really like it here. It works great for mine & wife's commute, kid's schooling, shopping, dinning, health care and entertainment needs. I highly recommend it for raising a family in today's busy life and for retired people who want to stay in DFW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas