Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 09:50 AM

8 posts, read 8,774 times

Advertisements

I will be brief: I can pay up to 1400 a month, and I have been searching for a two bedroom apartment. I am looking for a safe place. I want to find a neighborhood that is very communal and dog friendly. I have been looking around the 75214 area, but I saw some Power Properties owned apartments off of Gaston yesterday, and I was very impressed. I am wondering two things: Power Properties has two types of properties, standard and premium. What is the average cost of their 2 bedroom apartments? Am I doing right by leasing at Power Properties or are their better properties that you guys know of? I need to be very impressed with a Lakewood complex because, like I mentioned, the Munger/Gaston neighborhood had a really cool feel to it, a bit run down two or three blocks, but regardless, a really good vibe. Thank you so much for helping me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 10:38 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,016,050 times
I've heard good things about Power Properties...two guys who started about 15-20? yrs. ago fixing up the properties in that area. I've seen several apartments over the years and they always seemed nice to me. I'm not familiar with current prices but yes, that area is hit and miss but it's getting better. It's best to drive around if you can...and then you'll know what's most comfortable for you.

My sister lived in the huge apartments on the corner of Swiss Avenue and Fitzhugh for well over 15 years...they've been completely modernized over the years but still maintain the hardwood floors and the character of the 1920 building. They're NOT Power, but still a good place to live if there are any vacancies. That whole area is dog friendly...I've also seen community gardens that are lush and beautiful.

Sorry I don't have current price information, but I think you won't do wrong leasing one of the Power Properties.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:49 AM

Yeah, there was no doubt that the area that I was in was very relaxed and comfortable. Thanks for the advice about looking over by the Swiss Fitzhugh area. I will definitely go by there today. I have lived in Dallas (Sunnyvale) my entire life, but I have never been over in the Junius Heights area. I was so happy just to walk down the street and see the massive old trees and the waving people. Very very good vibes. Being close to an improved lower Greenville and Deep Ellum is massive. Drove 2 minutes, ate at Angry Dog, deal was basically sealed. I just am trying to figure out if there are any other gems that I did not know about.

Last edited by tom021; 06-10-2013 at 12:02 PM..

Old 06-10-2013, 11:56 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,636,480 times
I have heard great things about Power Properties, too. I would recommend that you drive around your proposed complex a few different times of day. I live in Lakewood and some of the areas down Gaston are completely different after dark.

Good luck!

Old 06-10-2013, 12:19 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom021 View Post
Yeah, there was no doubt that the area that I was in was very relaxed and comfortable. Thanks for the advice about looking over by the Swiss Fitzhugh area. I will definitely go by there today. I have lived in Dallas (Sunnyvale) my entire life, but I have never been over in the Junius Heights area. I was so happy just to walk down the street and see the massive old trees and the waving people. Very very good vibes. Being close to an improved lower Greenville and Deep Ellum is massive. Drove 2 minutes, ate at Angry Dog, deal was basically sealed. I just am trying to figure out if there are any other gems that I did not know about.
I know what you mean...love Deep Ellum and that area you're talking about...sometimes, when I'm trying to get home, I'll detour through that area to get to I-30. I'm not only avoiding highway traffic but I love the serenity of all the trees and beautiful yards. I've actually thought about moving over there before and now I have a job thats "sort of" close...hmmm...

Yep, I think you'll like it over there...keep us posted on what you find!

Old 06-12-2013, 12:39 PM

I am signing a lease with Power Properties on Friday. i am moving into the Bungalows apartments at Gaston and Grand. Thank you so much for the advice. I hope you guys have a great week.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:44 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
That area is being redeveloped on both sides of Gaston by Lincoln Properties and The Lot restaurant/beer garden on the east side of Grand/Garland Road next to the Santa Fe Trail is very hot right now, always looks packed. Same to a lesser degree for Cane Rosso pizza, which is hidden up behind the south side of Gaston.

I don't know much about what is going on at Power Properties personally (other than I've met the two brothers a few times), but they appear to be actively acquiring and rehabbing Gaston Avenue apartments again, I've seen at least two new complexes underway - around Munger and a bit closer to downtown.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:40 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,172,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom021 View Post
I am signing a lease with Power Properties on Friday. i am moving into the Bungalows apartments at Gaston and Grand. Thank you so much for the advice. I hope you guys have a great week.
Welcome to Dallas! I'm sure you'll like your new neighborhood. It's changing pretty quickly.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
That area is being redeveloped on both sides of Gaston by Lincoln Properties and The Lot restaurant/beer garden on the east side of Grand/Garland Road next to the Santa Fe Trail is very hot right now, always looks packed. Same to a lesser degree for Cane Rosso pizza, which is hidden up behind the south side of Gaston.

I don't know much about what is going on at Power Properties personally (other than I've met the two brothers a few times), but they appear to be actively acquiring and rehabbing Gaston Avenue apartments again, I've seen at least two new complexes underway - around Munger and a bit closer to downtown.
Lakewooder, thank you for the advice. I am very excited about the move. The Lakewood area is much different than where I live now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas