Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2007, 08:04 PM

12 posts, read 68,031 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the Dallas area- first on my husband's list is to find a good country club with a challenging course that won't break the bank. Budget would be no more than 15K to join although less is great! We have young children- oldest will be starting kindegarten and we are looking for a catholic elementary school. In a nutshell, we need a country club, catholic school, and live close to all of that in a neighborhood that is family friendly. Home budget is AROUND 350-400K- we prefer newer i.e. 10 years or less old. Anyone have any suggestions for the whole package? Thanks so very much!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 08:29 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,238,122 times
Check out Oakridge on the Garland/Richardson border. There is Catholic Church and school just west of the neighborhood.

I'm not sure how challenging the course is, but their membership fee is reasonable. The members are friendly, not at all stuck up.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:30 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,798,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by three4now View Post
We are relocating to the Dallas area- first on my husband's list is to find a good country club with a challenging course that won't break the bank. Budget would be no more than 15K to join although less is great! We have young children- oldest will be starting kindegarten and we are looking for a catholic elementary school. In a nutshell, we need a country club, catholic school, and live close to all of that in a neighborhood that is family friendly. Home budget is AROUND 350-400K- we prefer newer i.e. 10 years or less old. Anyone have any suggestions for the whole package? Thanks so very much!!!
These must not have fit! So sorry!

//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...s-suburbs.html

Try googling "Woodbridge Wylie TX". There are several homebuilders sites, as well as a country club site and if you'll google for "catholic schools Wylie", one pops up for the area, too. You can also google "country clubs Dallas" and get a complete list and work from there.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-17-2007 at 09:05 PM..

Old 11-17-2007, 09:20 PM

12 posts, read 68,031 times
[quote=new2sa;2026983]These must not have fit! So sorry!

OOOOOOH No-I don't mean to seem ungrateful... We are actually checking into the ones mentioned in the other thread and thank you very much! My husband will be checking out Hackberry, Twin Creeks, and Stonebridge in McKinney. Two of the three are master planned communities and I am not quite sure how I feel about them yet. He wanted to look at a few more country clubs. I think McKinny is too far out- if I take the kids to school at say St. Marks in Plano (again, thank you for the suggestion), that may be alot of driving every day. Twin Creeks seems to be a front runner as of right now but we trying to absorb all the info possible as he will be visiting at the end of this month to decide where we will focus on finding a home. His concern with Twin Creeks is that it was not rated as one of the "top 40" courses in Dallas. It is so difficult being married to a golf snob- LOL!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:33 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,798,653 times
[quote=three4now;2027331]
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
These must not have fit! So sorry!

OOOOOOH No-I don't mean to seem ungrateful... We are actually checking into the ones mentioned in the other thread and thank you very much! My husband will be checking out Hackberry, Twin Creeks, and Stonebridge in McKinney. Two of the three are master planned communities and I am not quite sure how I feel about them yet. He wanted to look at a few more country clubs. I think McKinny is too far out- if I take the kids to school at say St. Marks in Plano (again, thank you for the suggestion), that may be alot of driving every day. Twin Creeks seems to be a front runner as of right now but we trying to absorb all the info possible as he will be visiting at the end of this month to decide where we will focus on finding a home. His concern with Twin Creeks is that it was not rated as one of the "top 40" courses in Dallas. It is so difficult being married to a golf snob- LOL!
Oh, I didn't take it as that... just that all three weren't together in the ones we'd mentioned before. The problem is, I don't think there are many golfers that log into this forum (they must be out playing golf since it's still warm here), so you're getting info from us that don't use the facilities. And, I'm sure it'd help to get it directly from the horses, ugh, I mean, golfers mouths. But, ask away... I know how hard it is to do this long-distance! Good luck!

Old 11-17-2007, 10:04 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,458,087 times
Toughest metroplex golf courses determined by The Dallas Business Journal, 2006, and I am quite sure some of these initiation fees have gone up since this list was published:

Rank/Course/location/initiation fee
1. Dallas National, Dallas (south), $175,000
2. TPC at Craig Ranch, McKinney, $47,500
3. Stonebridge Ranch CC (Dye), McKinney, $10,000
4. The Links at Waterchase, Fort Worth, not available

5. Doral Tesoro Hotel and Club, Fort Worth, $2,600
6. Royal Oaks Country Club, Dallas (Lake Highlands area), $65,000
7. Gleneagles CC (Queens), Plano, $38,000
8. Stonebriar CC, Frisco, $35,000

9. Thorntree CC, DeSoto, $1,500
10. Gleneagles CC (Kings), Plano, $38,000
10. Prestonwood CC (The Creek), Plano, $12,000
10. Lakewood CC, Dallas (Lakewood), $40,000

13. Hidden Creek Golf Course, Burleson, $n/a
14. Dallas Athletic Club (Gold), Mesquite, $18,000
15. Chase Oaks Golf Club (Blackjack), Plano, $1,950
16. The Golf Club at Castle Hills, Lewisville, $3,500

16. Prestonwood CC (The Hills), Plano, $12,000
18. Tour 18 Dallas, Flower Mound, $n/a
19. Trails of Frisco, Frisco, $2,500
20. Woodbridge Golf Club, Wylie, $1,200-3,287

21. Timarron CC, Southlake, $20,000
21. Brookhaven CC (Championship), Farmers Branch, $2,500
23. Four Seasons Resort and Club, Irving, $40,000
24. Bent Tree CC, Dallas (Far North Dallas), $42,500

25. Las Colinas CC, Irving, $20,000
25. Grapevine Golf Course, Grapevine, $n/a
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas