Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 11:22 AM

91 posts, read 162,968 times

Advertisements

Hello ! First post, long time browser but this is the first post.

I am 45 year old male, Grapevine TX area, and am starting to get bags under my eyes. I have tried the various non-prescription creams and marginal improvement. I wanted to ask the forum for a recommendation for a reputable dermatologist/surgeon/etc that specializes in this type of stuff and also deals with male patients. Ideally the surgeon is Grapevine/Southlake/Coppell zone but if he is solid super guy then obviously I can drive longer to reach him.

Thank you everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 01:40 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
My friends say this guy is really great:

Face Lift - Dallas Texas

Old 11-13-2013, 05:58 PM

497 posts, read 696,484 times
I know you didn't ask, but may I recommend you don't get surgery, I give you this advice as someone who had plastic surgery, had some reversed (chin implant), and am dealing with minor corrective issues 9 years later. Things can and do go wrong with plastic surgery - especially when it is on the face - and the result may not be what you had expected.

I regret my decision to get plastic surgery, and have actually been battling some major regret recently.

I just want to tell you to be careful. The bags under your eyes may not be as bad as you think.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:51 PM

974 posts, read 2,185,792 times
Just be careful and don't jump at surgery too quickly without taking time to really think about it. I went in to see a well-known plastic surgeon for a paid-consult on some facial moles, growths that I wanted removed as he had a good rep for doing these simple procedures... I wanted moles removed...by the time I left my paid consult....he recommended eye-lifts, botox, hair transplantation...and a couple other procedures...most had nothing to do with my original concerns.

Sure he's good but talk about upsell! He appears on local tv a lot and while he does good work, I couldn't help but feeling shanghai'ed when all I wanted was some facial moles removed without scarring...and he recommends how much I really should consider all these other options. The work-up proposal was one at around $7K and the other closer to $10K.... er... no thanks! I'm getting to like my moles more every day.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:33 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,683,015 times
As an ER doc, I know several plastic surgeons but I have a favorite. See your DM.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:17 PM

497 posts, read 696,484 times
It looks like Restylane (a temporary filler) may help with bags under your eyes. I have visited a local cosmetic dermatologist for Restylane and have been pleased with the results. Just something to consider before embarking on surgery. Here's a pic of a man who used Restylane for his bags.

http://www.laskinmd.com/eyebags.JPG

Old 11-29-2013, 02:21 PM

91 posts, read 162,968 times
thank you everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas