Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 03:29 PM

4 posts, read 10,547 times

Advertisements

Interested in buying a home from Lennar, first time buyer, and dont plan to live there too long probably about 5 years or so.

Hudson heights is on [font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Plano Pkwy & North Star Rd, Plano, TX 75074. Assigned elementary school and middle school are Stinson and OttoAny guesses for a resale value in east plano.

The cost for a 3200 Sq foot home is around 360K at this location. Is it worth it ?

Please share any experiences of the builders and quality of their works
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 09:58 PM

4 posts, read 10,547 times
Interested in buying a home from Lennar, first time buyer, and dont plan to live there too long probably about 5 years or so.

Hudson heights is on Plano Pkwy & North Star Rd, Plano, TX 75074. Assigned elementary school and middle school are Stinson and OttoAny guesses for a resale value in east plano.

The cost for a 3200 Sq foot home is around 360K at this location. Is it worth it ?

Old 07-11-2014, 06:58 AM

177 posts, read 311,935 times
The biggest problem I have with that area is the proximity to street traffic. It is right by a shooting range and police training facility. I would be concerned about resale value later. Lots of buyers don't want to be right next to busy streets or things like the police training facility, it is a turnoff for them. So there is the possibility of struggle to sell later on in my opinion.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:41 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,748,805 times
That's actually a good area, but PP is right about traffic. It's not set up to handle the traffic it has now and will be worse with all those homes being built.

AggiePlaya brought up the shooting range and the police training facility. IMO the shooting range is the drawback and the training facility is a positive. There's always officers in and out of the facility - it's the academy for both Plano and Richardson. So just having those squad cars around will help with crime.

However, the neighborhood next to the one you're looking at actually has a trifecta of drawbacks (shooting range, train line and power lines) and it's selling well. Surprisingly so IMO. But I've talked to a few people that have said the schools and their commute are worth it. I suspect there will be a lot of State Farm folks in there eventually.

But Lennar isn't even finished with their model yet, there's no sales trailer, the infrastructure isn't complete. So you likely wouldn't even be in until a year from now.

I think you'd be better off buying existing in that area.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:11 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,661,497 times
Model will be finished first week of August. If you bought now, you would be looking January move in. It doesnt take a year to build at lennar. 6-7 months. Sales trailer wasnt allowed but 8 homes have been sold there in the last 3 months from just internet leads. Pricing and standard features are great. I would say within 12 months you will see an increase of 25k from lennar rasing prices. I know the sales person there. For it being east plano, its a good area.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:57 AM

Spoken like a builder

Old 07-14-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Spoken like a builder
Working for a builder doesnt make you dishonest. Average build time at Lennar for the last 12 months has been 6-7 months from time of contract. I know there are some other builders, where I have friends working, that are having longer build times, but nobody I know is going as long as you are talking about. A year is just silly at a big builder.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:47 PM

I didn't say dishonest. Optimistic perhaps. I just don't see them being able to jump on construction at the location as quickly as you're saying. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I've watched a lot of construction and had a lot of friends build homes over the last 10 years as I've done and the one constant is overly optimistic timelines.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:27 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhousehunter View Post

Hudson heights is on [font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Plano Pkwy & North Star Rd, Plano, TX 75074. Assigned elementary school and middle school are Stinson and OttoAny guesses for a resale value in east plano.

You will likely lose money on it. Five years is barely break-even point on realtor fees/closing costs/etc. Much better to rent if 5 yrs is all you expect to stay. You will also be competing with brand-new houses still being built, if not there, somewhere. Everybody wants "brand-new" these days.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
You will likely lose money on it. Five years is barely break-even point on realtor fees/closing costs/etc. Much better to rent if 5 yrs is all you expect to stay. You will also be competing with brand-new houses still being built, if not there, somewhere. Everybody wants "brand-new" these days.
Price raises from this first phase to 3rd will be 40-50k. They have already gone up 10k since community started pre selling and the model isnt complete yet.

A community they had in Mckinney went up 45k in 15 months and people were already starting to resale.
SO, this is not the old market anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas