Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 10:15 PM

65 posts, read 122,985 times

Advertisements

We are currently building in Frisco and our builder/manager of the area is very hard to get a hold of and hardly ever answers questions that we ask. The house is currently being framed and we found several things that was different than the model and asked questions but its keep getting ignored...

anyone else with similar experience ?

I'm guessing now that they have the first 2 deposits they know that you can't get it refunded so they treat you like this ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 10:42 AM

206 posts, read 335,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlim0930 View Post
We are currently building in Frisco and our builder/manager of the area is very hard to get a hold of and hardly ever answers questions that we ask. The house is currently being framed and we found several things that was different than the model and asked questions but its keep getting ignored...

I'm guessing now that they have the first 2 deposits they know that you can't get it refunded so they treat you like this ?

Hello jlim0930,

Is the builder any way sounds like London Couple of my friends are in the same boat as well. Pay them a visit and ask for explanation, as this will be one of your big purchases in life and they cannot treat customers like this once they have you locked in. Good luck on your new home.

sai

Old 09-25-2014, 10:47 AM

sai.. lol i didnt want to mention names but you are correct. the treatment of clients are night and day before and after 2nd/3rd deposits. After waiting for 2 weeks I couldn't take it any longer and emailed our sales manager and cc'ed everyone I could from the company and now its finally getting some movement however my comfort level with this builder is already blown.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:00 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,299,163 times
Two thoughts:

1) keep moving up the ladder and don't stop;
2) have a lawyer send a letter on your behalf. Not a termination letter, but a list of complaints, etc.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:45 PM

103 posts, read 237,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlim0930 View Post

We went through the same experience with our builder. The sales person started off really friendly and promised us we would have weekly status calls with him and the builder. Well after a month that stopped happening. Whenever we called the sales guy we would get his vm. He wouldnt return our calls.

Good thing for us was that we lived close to our new house so we started going there once a week and soon it was everyday as they made silly mistakes. We were told that if there was a mistake and needed to be fixed tell them immediately. For instance we had a few framing issues we took pics and we emailed the sales guy and the builder immediately. If the framer moved on to another location then it would be hard to get them back and as a result delay the build. Same thing happened for sheet rock, plumbing and so on. I kept a detailed record of what we found and kept a paper trail of emails so they couldnt say that they didnt know.

Also there is a website for Frisco that you can track your inspections. You can view if they failed or passed as the first time ours failed inspection I called the Builder and he told me that it had passed. I told him thats not what the website is showing. He quickly back tracked his response. Knowledge is the best tool we have against builders.

Good luck on your journey though. It will be worth it in the end.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:37 PM

this is getting unreal..... I emailed the sales manager and bcc'ed the companies ceo and cfo. I found their email addresses on the web and i know that they got it yet nothing is changing.

I am so sick of this mess that I wish that I can just cancel and get my money back on it.

so many things are wrong with the house already and they are keep building and I dont want to have a house where they had to do a lot of rework

Old 09-29-2014, 11:51 AM

103 posts, read 237,369 times
I would suggest talking to an Attorney at this point. You dont want to buy a house knowing that it will have issues. House building experience shouldnt be like this.

I would also suggest if you can do a read receipt confirmation on emails. You dont know if your email went directly to the spam folder or not. This way you can show proof that the received your emails and ignored your repeated requests for information.

Good luck to you on this matter.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:47 PM

13 posts, read 25,610 times
jim0930,
Just out of curiosity, Who is your builder? My experience with Darling Homes is not great either. I spoke with Frisco City Inspectors and never got a response back from them either. Bad time to buy I guess..

Old 09-29-2014, 01:20 PM

54 posts, read 98,352 times
NEVER trust builder's sales people, start with a good realtor and a good inspector as your advocates. This is a busy market and builders have more than they can chew. If you aren't too enamored by new construction then go with good quality and upgraded existing homes so you know what you are bargaining for. Established neighborhood and schools are an additional bonus.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:01 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
long time ago (middle 70s) in Houston, we had friend who bought a house--had it built tract builder--
was in area where their apt was and close to his work--he would drive by after work many evenings--
in framing stage he would take a ball peen hammer he kept in trunk of his car and walk through the house--
any badly knotted framing he just knocked hard enough to break
anything that wasn't framed correctly--he just knocked down--

he called and told them what he was doing--
they started framing better--paid attention to selection of materials--
they paid attention when he came by about other aspects
they had a nice house
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas