Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2006, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,709 times

Advertisements

I have been looking around this area, basically just north of 121 and west of the DNT. I have noticed there are quite a few houses that have been on the market for 3-5 months and have recently had substantial price reductions in the Colony (specifically east of Main). These are all houses built in 2001 or later by builders such as Dr. Horton. Any ideas why there are such an abundance of homes in this area? It seems like there are less homes for sale just to the west in what is actually Lewisville with higher prices, but the distance is not that great. Same ISD. I guess what I'm looking for is the magic bullet to explain this? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2006, 08:06 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,430,716 times
Drive through the Colony and Little Elm.

Then go west just a tad and drive through West Frisco on Teel.

Come back here and describe to us the feelings you get from each.

I think you will answer your own question.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:34 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Drive through the Colony and Little Elm.

Then go west just a tad and drive through West Frisco on Teel.

Come back here and describe to us the feelings you get from each.

I think you will answer your own question.
LOL!!! Find a street called Nervin in The Colony and drive down it.

Hey socketz, I wondered if I passed you on 190 this past weekend? I was headed East on 190 coming thru Plano and went past a car w/ California plates. So if you see some crazy woman waving at you sometime, in a black vehicle (both of mine are black, suv and small luxury sedan), that will be me. I'll try to make all of ya'll folks from Cali just think everyone out here just waves at ya.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:48 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,430,716 times
That might have been me. I was hanging out in the Murphy/Richardson/Firewheel area over the weekend. I didn't notcie any waving. However, I've seen very few cars here with CA tags....

I had the family with me. They flew back home to San Diego Sunday though :-(

PS I love Breckenridge Estates. We are now thinking we should sell out house in San Diego.....Seems that once you step into the 500k range, the quality of home you get increases 2 fold.

Old 11-02-2006, 01:49 PM

8 posts, read 80,823 times
Default The Colony - Home Sales

RK29,

The Colony was extremely popular in the 80's and early 90's. If you go through the city, you'll notice the older neighborhoods and the more recent homes built in the late 90's/2000 timeframe. I recently sold a friend's home in The Colony and it is very competitive in terms of pricing. A lot of homes have been reduced as I think the competition and the community has evolved. It seems that a lot of people who live in the Colony are now wanting to move to Frisco. The people I've spoken with say they loved it as a first time home buyer, but are now looking for more newer, upscale, urban communities.

I live about 10 minutes from Breckenridge Estates. I like the tranquil side of town like East Richardson and Murphy. I live in East Plano and consider East Richardson, East Plano, and Murphy to be much less hectic than the west side of town . I doubt you can go wrong considering Breckenridge as a place to move. It's a very nice area. I've thought of moving there myself !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas