Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 10:49 AM
AT9 AT9 started this thread

691 posts, read 1,219,853 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,
My dad will be retiring from the Air Force after 20 years in a couple of months. He is seriously looking into a job that's located near the DFW airport. Where would be a good place for them to move? If they move there, it will be a family of 4 (used to be 5, but I'll be going to college somewhere ), looking for a house probably in the 175k-250k range. They would probably be looking for a house in a newer neighborhood that is quite and family friendly. It can be anywhere within the area, in either Dallas, Ft. Worth, or any of the various suburbs. Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 05:52 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,473,607 times
It's a hard question to answer because there are so many choices.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:05 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,434,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
It's a hard question to answer because there are so many choices.
Ok I seriously don't know the point of posting that post. It didn't give them any information at all other than there is a lot of choices, which I'm sure they already knew. I'm sure they don't appreciate you giving them such a vague answer.

It depends on how far away they want to be from DFW Airport. Will he be working by the airport? If they want to be right there by it, then I would suggest Grapevine, Southlake, Irving, Lewisville, or something in the HEB area. All of these areas are going to be realy close to the airport and have a lot of housing developments w/ houses in their price range. Just a little farther out is Keller on the Ft. Worth side, and Frisco on the Dallas side. These are very new areas that have a TON of new housing developments & retail. They are family-oriented and still really close to the airport. Yall should come & look & see what places you like the best since there is so many options.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan22 View Post
Ok I seriously don't know the point of posting that post. It didn't give them any information at all other than there is a lot of choices, which I'm sure they already knew. I'm sure they don't appreciate you giving them such a vague answer.
Well, Mr. Sunshine, sometimes it just helps a poster out to bump a thread to the top that had drifted down to the bottom or page 2 with no responses and sometimes it's nice to ask questions to see if the poster comes back before typing a thought out response.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:29 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,434,894 times
Quote:
Well, Mr. Sunshine, sometimes it just helps a poster out to bump a thread to the top that had drifted down to the bottom or page 2 with no responses and sometimes it's nice to ask questions to see if the poster comes back before typing a thought out response.
It was just started today. But I do agree about bumping posts to the top that have gone down with no replies. Some posts get a lot of replies & some don't. It just depends.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan22 View Post
It was just started today. But I do agree about bumping posts to the top that have gone down with no replies. Some posts get a lot of replies & some don't. It just depends.
Yes, and I found it on the very bottom of page 1 with no responses.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:09 PM
AT9 AT9 started this thread

691 posts, read 1,219,853 times
Well thanks for the info, and the bump. haha
I'm not sure exactly how close they would want to be, but probably within a 25 or 30 minute drive of the airport. He wouldn't be working at the airport, but the company is located on the airport grounds....or something... And I'm sure that if he takes the job, the whole family would go out there house hunting. I'm just trying to do some preliminary research to get them started. But I do hope he takes it, we lived in San Antonio and we loved living in Texas!

Old 06-16-2008, 09:33 PM

For a 25-30 minute commute, I would stay within 10 miles of the airport. Grapevine is a nice area. Great schools. Great downtown area. Great community spirit. Great shopping.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:25 PM

Location: DFW, specializing in NE Tarrant County, Southlake, Westlake, Keller, Grapevine, Trophy Club, Roanoke
77 posts, read 334,068 times
Quote:
For a 25-30 minute commute, I would stay within 10 miles of the airport. Grapevine is a nice area. Great schools. Great downtown area. Great community spirit. Great shopping.
Grapevine is nice... or even farther out 114 in Trophy Club, Roanoke, or north Ft Worth along the Alliance Corridor on 170. There are several new subdivisions with homes in the $150-$300K price range. And a fairly painless commute to and from the airport.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:05 AM

11,858 posts, read 26,895,583 times
I'll agree with Grapevine. There are LOTS of houses in your price range, and the community here is awesome! We have a community gym that is $35 a year to join, streets with no potholes, low crime, tons of shopping and restaurants, two city festivals a year, great pools and parks, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas