Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 10:37 AM

559 posts, read 937,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin85 View Post
In my mind, Fry's is usually cheapest for electronics & appliances. Is it cheaper than Fry's?
I bought PC and found their price cheaper than anywhere else (cheaper than Costco, Fry's, Best Buy, Amazon). Because Intel's new generation CPU is going to come out so they reduced the price heavily to attract a quick sale. Very happy with the purchase. Their prices do change once to twice in a day and it's already up from the price I bought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 12:32 PM

100 posts, read 187,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
We went yesterday and I'll pass on a word to the wise: remember where you parked - they haven't marked the aisles in any way.

We were in such awe when we pulled up, that our attention wasn't on our surroundings; since it's like a semi-circular airport hanger, the entire lot is spread out in front of the store and the store has several entrances. There were several groups of people staggering around after their shopping experience that we met while we were on our exploration.
The aisles are indeed marked. We took a picture of ours when we went in so we'd remember because the lot is so dang huge.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:13 PM

140 posts, read 178,873 times
I went today to NFM - its near my house...

For PC stuff stick to Microcenter (better than frys imho) on 75
For furniture i like Weirs better
NFM does have a lot of nice kitchen appliances - especially high end kitchen items
I did purchase a end table and drove to the pickup area (you have to get back into your car and drive to the far back right of the building into a loading area). The item was not checked and loaded on my truck. When i got home i found that the endtable had huge gashes in the front of it and i was furious (where is the quality checking???).

I called them and they apologized and would swap it out this thurday at no cost via their delivery truck....

I would say go to them for rugs or appliances. Most of the furniture looked like chinese junk to me - stick to weirs or other mid/high end places...

Old 03-29-2015, 09:53 AM

477 posts, read 1,052,392 times
We went to NFM yesterday and I must say everyone here was right. It was huge and almost overwhelming. We were browsing sectionals and king beds and will say that we never found what we were looking for in the leather sectional area. Not to say that they didn't have it, but that after walking around for 30 mins in the leather sectional area we just hadn't come across anything remotely like we were looking for. Finally just gave up.

As for king beds. Everything did seem like cheap particle board or wood of unknown origin(rubber wood?) I asked a salesperson if they had any solid wood bed frames and he looked confused for a sec and told me they all were. Lol Maybe they need better training.

Two interesting things I learned while speaking to an employee:
1. All of the price tags are digital b/c someone goes to Weirs, Rooms To Go, Fry's, Best Buy etc etc etc everyday to price match items and NFM will lower their prices based on this. The prices on an item at NFM can and will change several times a day.

2. Someone mentioned it was weird that Rooms To Go was building directly across the street. The employee said the heads of NFM were happy about this. He said they'd put that Rooms to Go location out of business in about 6 months and NFM would use that bldg for their outlet center. They were happy they won't have to build it. Seemed kinda cocky, but from what I know about NFM, it's probably true.

Overall, I guess I'd shop there, but it would be after checking out much closer furniture stores.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:04 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,419,357 times
Some friends were looking for a higher end leather sleeper sofa. The selection was small, ten items and were not well made. They were low price but did not cover the price quality range they wanted to see. Star is a brooks hire Hathaway owned similar concept to NFM but based in Houston. They carry name brands from high to low end as does Mathes brothers (sp?) in OKC. Expected the same range coverage but they did not find it in their target product.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:20 AM

477 posts, read 1,052,392 times
I definitely wasn't impressed with the quality of much of the furniture we looked at, but I'm not sure how they had it set up. Maybe I missed the high end section

Old 03-29-2015, 11:41 AM

1,087 posts, read 783,194 times
I went there yesterday. They have a a little freeway system leading to the store's entrance.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:10 PM

45 posts, read 52,795 times
There was some higher quality furniture is on the second floor, in a separate enclosed section near the mattresses.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:52 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,185,985 times
Based on the name of the store, you'd think they would take pride in their furniture quality.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:12 PM

5,265 posts, read 6,411,548 times
I went there yesterday, thought it was kind of a dump - kind of like The Dump. If I were actually shopping for beds or furniture, I'd go there of course to check selection and prices, but other than that, no way. The prices nor quality didn't seem all that special, and the sales staff is as annoying as any furniture store.

I wouldn't go there for their flooring, or for their electronics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas