Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 07:16 AM

8,145 posts, read 8,345,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk2tx View Post
I was reading the water and trash collection is included with the electric bill is that true
not true! You pay the water/trash bill to the City. Electric is al a carte from a wide menu of providers. If you are buying a house in the price point you mentioned, just budget $1000/mo for your utilities, home owners insurance and taxes in addition to the mortgage P&I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 07:32 AM

8,145 posts, read 8,345,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk2tx View Post
I am looking to move with my family from outside NYC area (northern suburb). I'm curious what it's like coming from NY.

I'm looking into Arlington area. One of my biggest questions is electricity price for a 1500 sq ft house. Also where do people grocery shop? What's the travel like from SW Arlington to downtown Dallas? What's the weather like humidity wise? Also one concern is tornados, how often do you get them?
All the suburbs have plenty of grocery stores. In SW Arlington there's the typical Krogers, Tom Thumb, also Walmart marketplace.

Of all our weather issue, tornados are the LEAST problematic! Its crazy that people worry about tornados here over the other real weather issues. In the winter we will have a few ice storms that really snarl traffic and usually damage trees. Its important to keep large trees property pruned! Our summer (June thru late September) brings supressing heat that doesn't substantially drop in temps even at night. In the Spring there is hail and also tornado warnings. I'm estimating there are about 3 tornado warnings per year. In the past 15 years there has been one that actually hit downtown Fort Worth. The more concern you should have is our hail storms. I think in the last decade there have probably been 5-6 hail storms that have seriously damaged roofs/vehicles in various parts of the DFW area. Its a good idea to park your car under cover as much as possible between March and October.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:11 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,571,734 times
Tornadoes aren't a major threat, but in the last couple of years there was one that hit the Tate Springs area of Arlington.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:44 PM

6 posts, read 5,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
not true! You pay the water/trash bill to the City. Electric is al a carte from a wide menu of providers. If you are buying a house in the price point you mentioned, just budget $1000/mo for your utilities, home owners insurance and taxes in addition to the mortgage P&I.
I must have misunderstood thanks for clarifying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas