Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 10:52 AM

216 posts, read 280,471 times

Advertisements

Since, Plano, parts of East Dallas, and parts of Oakcliff are experiencing the real estate boom right now where do you think the next hot area in the Dallas area will be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 11:20 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
As the surrounding neighborhoods continue to gentrify, I can easily see the area along/around Ferguson Rd, south of the Lakewood/Forest Hills/Casa Linda area redeveloping in E. Dallas.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:56 AM

216 posts, read 344,104 times
I would also think that West Dallas on the other side of the Margaret Hunt Hill bridge and around Trinity Groves is going to skyrocket

Old 04-30-2015, 12:04 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,464,022 times
If they can turn Fair Park around, I think that area may start to see some increased value.

Our little area between Love Field and Inwood is starting to see some major development. Just last week two houses on our block were leveled.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
As the surrounding neighborhoods continue to gentrify, I can easily see the area along/around Ferguson Rd, south of the Lakewood/Forest Hills/Casa Linda area redeveloping in E. Dallas.
I actually have my eye on this area since I work very close to here.....hopefully it will start to turn around.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:12 PM

631 posts, read 885,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
Just West of Buckner, or do you think that East of Buckner could get some momentum too? Casa Linda is definitely on the upswing, and is starting to appeal to younger consumers. And the area just east of Casa Linda at Peavy/Garland went from dead to a quietly cool spot with Goodfriend and the other places. I have a friend in the area you're talking about, and I like her house but don't care for that Minyards on Ferguson and all the cheap apartments in the area. If those got replaced, I could definitely see the area redeveloping given proximity to downtown and the continuing success of its neighbors to the north.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:40 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,817,640 times
north Dallas

Old 04-30-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie972 View Post
Just West of Buckner, or do you think that East of Buckner could get some momentum too? Casa Linda is definitely on the upswing, and is starting to appeal to younger consumers. And the area just east of Casa Linda at Peavy/Garland went from dead to a quietly cool spot with Goodfriend and the other places. I have a friend in the area you're talking about, and I like her house but don't care for that Minyards on Ferguson and all the cheap apartments in the area. If those got replaced, I could definitely see the area redeveloping given proximity to downtown and the continuing success of its neighbors to the north.
There are some really nice neighborhoods east of that Minyards. I thought if I had lived there I would do all my shopping in the Casa Linda shopping area.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:48 PM

631 posts, read 885,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSoonerGuy View Post
There are some really nice neighborhoods east of that Minyards. I thought if I had lived there I would do all my shopping in the Casa Linda shopping area.
Agreed. However, I think people are more and more starting to see walkability and density as pluses and driving as a hassle. I'm not sure how far a neighborhood in the city can really go if you have to drive a decent ways just to get anywhere.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:56 PM

385 posts, read 489,141 times
Farmer's Branch maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas