Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 04:43 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
Ah... the Wichita Mtns and Meers burgers. Very interesting restaurant. I went up there a few years back the day after the Hotter'n Hell cycling races. Let's say that the day after riding 101.2 miles, I wasn't up to riding my bike up the mountain. Made it about 10% of the way and said... uh, this ain't gonna happen today.

Brian
I don't know how you guys do that, much less in that heat. During the 101.2 miles, the temp was probably about the same as the mileage!

Old 01-27-2008, 07:01 AM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
I just don't think In-N-Out would make it in North Texas. The reason is simply this: There's too much competition out there. Carl's Jr tried to make it in this market in the 1980s, but fizzled, even though you can find a couple of Carl's Jr's in some Love's Travel Stop locations in South Oak Cliff, Rockwall, Denton, and Wilmer. And with Culver's and Krystal trying to make inroads here, it's just too crowded.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:30 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Mom, that may have been before the matriarch of the family died and the business got left (after a lot of legal battles, I believe) to the granddaughter.
The old lady never wanted the business to leave Cali-Arizona-Nevada, but they are now building a restaurant (restaurants?) in Utah. So who knows? They might make it here someday. I wouldn't mind a bit.

Ironically, I think the burgers are wonderful but the fries are awful!
To each her own!

You must have the fries 'animal style'.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:59 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
You must have the fries 'animal style'.
I'll try that next time, though I'm not an animal-style burger person.

Gotta love the "secret" menu.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:31 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,287,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldunn1001 View Post
At any rate, its still funny that most people in Texas (or the south in general) have never had a In-N-Out burger, some would not even know what it is if it weren't advertised on TV shows such as CSI, etc.

Never been to Trader Joes although I have seen a few and my husband almost went to work at one. Are they not very similar to Whole Market or Fresh Market because I know they have those in Texas??
So what that we haven't heard of this burger place? Most people outside of Texas haven't heard of Whataburger. And we have PLENTY of restaurants here without anymore coming in and crowding out our steaks-bbq's-and-southern eateries.

Yes, we do have Whole Foods in Texas, it originated out of Austin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2fly View Post
BIG DITTO about needing a Trader Joe's.
No, we don't. Why? We have Central Market, Whole Foods and others. Geez, I'm on the offensive here, aren't I! It's because people coming here and wanting to change things to where they came from and thinking that what we have here in Texas isn't good enough.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:48 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,688,606 times
Personally I think In-N-Out is severely over-rated. In the short time I lived in Cali and in the 20+ visits over the past 10 years, i've eaten there twice. I do wish there was a Del Taco here in Dallas. I love that place.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:39 AM

78 posts, read 930,433 times
First of all, BlueSkies49, there is nowhere else that "I came from". I have lived in DFW most of my life. I only lived on the west coast for a short time but feel that there are alot of things in other parts of the country that would be welcomed in the DFW area. There's nothing wrong with adding some more choices. I realize that DFW already has alot but what's wrong with some variety? I mean, if these businesses don't take up the space, something else will (probably something we already have way too much of). There ARE other things in this world outside of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex worth enjoying. I can't stand it when some people are so narrow-minded they can't accept anything new. Expand your horizons some. There is more to this world than Dallas, TX. (And for the record, I LOVE Dallas but I have enough common sense to realize there are other things in this world worth experiencing). Add some spice to your life, BlueSkies, like take to the "blue skies" and travel someplace new....you only live once. Enjoy !!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:46 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,965 times
Regarding In-n-Out fries, order them well-done...they are so much better.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:34 AM

501 posts, read 1,463,380 times
Don's in Emory is the best, around here anyway. If you are ever out around Lake Fork give it a try. They also have wonderful pies!!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:15 AM

10 posts, read 56,885 times
the thing I like most about In-N-Out is their simple menu. Do you want a burger, cheese burger or double cheese burger? I get overwhelmed when I go into McDonalds, Burger King or any of those other fast food joints. What's the difference between a double cheese burger, a big mac, a big n' tasty and a quarter/double quarter pounder? I don't eat fast food much so when I do I like my menu simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas