Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 04:08 PM

794 posts, read 1,227,972 times

Advertisements

[quote=Rakin;41074720]You know why it's hard to find a home built from 2009-2013 on the market? Because few were built during that time due to the down market. QUOTE]

Huh? No way was 2013 a "down market". We got unsolicited offers in 2013 above the price we paid in 2012. In fact that summer D magazine featured an article called "The hottest housing market ever" (of course it has only gotten hotter since then!). We bought in fall 2012 and it was definitely a sellers market at that time. Not sure exactly when the down market ended but I think your end dates are definitely off. We arent in frisco though, so maybe it was different than our neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 04:22 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,576,513 times
2013 may not have been a down market, but there may not have been a lot of new builds happening. I don't know.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:08 PM

213 posts, read 241,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2gurls View Post
google landon reviews and you will get your answer. Why are you set on west frisco? All the FISD schools are the same. the most talked about are actually in the east. Liberty, centennial and independence to follow. Wakeland and Reedy are talked about the west.
Because of job commute plus everything is close by, stonebriar, soccer fields, athletic center... everything seems newer and nicer here. I am most definitely interested in Wakeland and Reedy here.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:22 PM

9 posts, read 11,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkett View Post
Ok so about builders. I like Landon homes' plans the most. Are they reputable builders. I like the open concept but they aren't building a lot. I checked out Preserves and Richwoods. I love their floor plans. Richwood isn't West Frisco and sadly The Preserves is LISD.
The Preserves have a lot available in FISD. I think it just became available so you can call to confirm.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:45 AM

4 posts, read 3,532 times
I was just going to post the same thing. Landon's new builds at The Preserve only have a few of their lots zoned for LISD (in the southeast corner of the development I believe.) The vast majority are zoned for FISD and should feed to Reedy now. Just call and ask if they have any FISD left.

If you like Landon, you could also buy a pre-owned home in the Austin Ridge neighborhood (which is connected to The Preserve so it's basically the same neighborhood.) I believe all of those homes are also Landon and were built only a few years before Preserve.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:04 PM

30 posts, read 42,458 times
I would look at Heather Ridge or the Trails. Both are zoned for Wakeland and you'll get more for your money there, both are wonderful family friendly neighborhoods with amenities and social events. They're older than you said that you prefer, but I still love those neighborhoods. They don't seem "old", they have character and mature trees. Good Luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas