Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: UNT or UTD? (for my situation)
UNT 6 28.57%
UTD 15 71.43%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 05:22 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,556,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Medical School- Baylor.
Not really true. Baylor University and the Baylor Health System really don't have any close ties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 05:32 PM

53 posts, read 67,309 times
I think cheapest route for an average Dallas area student is to get decent SAT/ACT score to qualify for free tuition at UTD and live at home to save on housing/dinning/commuting expenses. Not the best experience but your parents would appreciate it.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
Not really true. Baylor University and the Baylor Health System really don't have any close ties.
May be not on paper but practically they do. Real catch is that unless you are very wealthy, very poor, top student or top athlete, it's out of a common person's reach.

//www.city-data.com/forum/texas...ylor-name.html

Last edited by ParkerPal; 10-24-2015 at 05:44 PM..

Old 10-24-2015, 05:56 PM

4 posts, read 8,327 times
I don't have the grades for UT or A&M. I had a lot of stuff going on my freshman and sophomore year, so now I am trying to play catch up my junior and senior year.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:55 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,494 times
I just graduated from UT Dallas and I can tell you that 1 year Earth time = 3 years for UTD regarding positive changes on campus and the development of student life. We had a Reddit meet-up a few months ago and 30+ people showed. Most lived on campus...not hard to believe considering the massive amount of resident hall construction over the past few years. We split into groups and played Cards Against Humanity. It was fun and the people were great!

My point is don't buy into the long-standing reputation of UTD being anti-social....it is no longer relevant and becoming more irrelevant each semester. Northside is set to open next year with more student housing and shops/restaurants! That will be a huge shot in the arm for the social scene.

Finally, and most importantly, the Biology program at UT Dallas is far superior. Play the long game in your decision and know your degree's worth will appreciate as UTD continues to climb in the rankings.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:15 PM

148 posts, read 307,502 times
agreed with TowerGuy. and all the other comments from the reddit utd post you made. there are a lot more utd students at utsw and baylor that unt students. if you want to go to med school, go to utd.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:09 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,407,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwright View Post
-I crave the college experience. That is very important to me.
What does this mean?

Old 10-26-2015, 09:12 AM

5,264 posts, read 6,401,147 times
Quote:
What does this mean?
Freshman dorms, a roommate from a different city, community dining halls, some Animal-House lite pranks, studying at the campus library, spending weekends with your classmates, some 'safe' underage drinking, perhaps a major sports experience, perhaps a fraternity/sorority experience, perhaps a campus that looks sort of like Harvard or Yale instead of a '70s low-rise business park -- stuff like that probably.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Freshman dorms, a roommate from a different city, community dining halls, some Animal-House lite pranks, studying at the campus library, spending weekends with your classmates, some 'safe' underage drinking, perhaps a major sports experience, perhaps a fraternity/sorority experience, perhaps a campus that looks sort of like Harvard or Yale instead of a '70s low-rise business park -- stuff like that probably.
You summed it up well. Even as a parent, I consider college experience an essential part of college degree. There is more to education than class assignments.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:00 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
I got all that at UT Dallas minus the Harvard setting and the major sports experience. Easy.

However, as UTD is in the UT System, students root for the Longhorns....in person. Students get together, walk from their DORMS on the north end of campus and board the free weekend shuttle bus to Austin.

So, students get ALL of the above + weekend road trips together to Austin.

Well, still no Harvard setting....boo hoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: