Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2016, 07:19 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,571,867 times

Advertisements

We'd like to ride the M Line Trolley, just out of curiosity.

If we're coming from the Love Field area, down Lemmon, where is the best/easiest place to park to catch it?

I don't like driving downtown. I'd like to make this as easy as possible on myself.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 07:49 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,295,536 times
You can park in one of the public garages in the West Village (Lemmon & McKinney).

Old 05-03-2016, 07:50 AM

1,429 posts, read 1,777,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheotherMarie View Post
We'd like to ride the M Line Trolley, just out of curiosity.

If we're coming from the Love Field area, down Lemmon, where is the best/easiest place to park to catch it?

I don't like driving downtown. I'd like to make this as easy as possible on myself.

Thanks!
Park in the West Village or in one of the parking lots over by the Rustic.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:29 AM

574 posts, read 1,478,452 times
I have done this with my out of town guests and it is a lot of fun. We boarded the trolley at one end, right off of 75 near and CityPlace Blvd. There used to be a lot of metered street parking on those side streets (Oak Grove, Noble Ave).

Old 05-03-2016, 09:21 AM

551 posts, read 1,098,880 times
If you are going downtown you might want to just take the DART train. There is a station right by Love Field and it would be quicker than the Trolley. Should be free parking at the station. Then you don't need to deal with finding parking in Uptown and personal I find driving around Uptown to be more of a PITA than Downtown.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:08 AM

574 posts, read 1,478,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharpe View Post
If you are going downtown you might want to just take the DART train. There is a station right by Love Field and it would be quicker than the Trolley. Should be free parking at the station. Then you don't need to deal with finding parking in Uptown and personal I find driving around Uptown to be more of a PITA than Downtown.
The way I read the post, it does not sound like downtown is her final destination. Sounds like they want to ride the M trolley and get to a parking spot along the trolley route without having to drive through downtown.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:01 PM

990 posts, read 2,303,274 times
There is free public parking at the Bachman station and the Love Field/Inwood DART stations. One wouldn't have to drive downtown to do this, but rather could ride the orange line to Cityplace or one could actually take the orange or green line and get off at the St. Paul station downtown and the Trolley has a stop one block from the station, which would be less walking than ascending from the depths of the Cityplace subway station.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:12 PM

551 posts, read 1,098,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mami2emily View Post
The way I read the post, it does not sound like downtown is her final destination. Sounds like they want to ride the M trolley and get to a parking spot along the trolley route without having to drive through downtown.
That doesn't really make sense though. You wouldn't drive through downtown to get to the trolley route from the Love Field area. Downtown is south of the route and Love Field is North.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:36 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,571,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mami2emily View Post
Exactly. Sorry for the confusion. I equate any city driving with being "Downtown" so that's the term I used.

Appreciate the help!

Old 05-05-2016, 08:16 AM

617 posts, read 1,041,854 times
Somewhat surprisingly -- I've always found there to be plenty of free, un-metered parking on the streets near the Trolley Barn -- on Oak Grove Ave. next to Greenwood Cemetery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: