Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2008, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,116 times

Advertisements

Hi, looking for some advice on where to live. My job will be relocating to Euless in the summer and I was wondering where would be an 'interesting' area where I could live without having a horrible commute.
I am 24 and would like to not be trapped in the suburbs. I'm probably limited to townhomes/condos or apartments - I don't think I could afford a single family home (or really want one) in a nicer part of town.

Just started looking around, but so far have considered Las Colinas and either downtown. Again, not sure of how bad the commute would be from Dallas or FW. Willing to put up with a little traffic hassle, however, to enjoy where I live.

Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 08:33 PM

126 posts, read 408,704 times
Fort Worth would probably be an easier commute to Euless. Fort Worth has a very nice and lively downtown, and is probably a little less expensive than downtown or uptown Dallas, but still has an evident young professional population.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:53 PM
pfw

186 posts, read 849,029 times
Las Colinas wouldn't be a bad commute because you could cut thru the airport on Airfield Dr. That's how I got to work when I lived in Euless and worked in Las Colinas. Of course this was a few years ago so I don't know if the traffic has increased any more on the side roads of the airport.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:18 AM

6,816 posts, read 14,026,504 times
Las Colinas would be my choice. The commute from Downtown Dallas would be a hassle IMHO.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:10 PM

47 posts, read 156,350 times
Dallas to Euless is a reverse commute. I lived in Irving for many years before moving to Dallas. I worked in the Euless DFW area. I totally recommend Dallas. Ft. Worth is going with traffic to Euless.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:53 AM

709 posts, read 3,473,081 times
Las Colinas has some apartment/lofts on the canal. Not sure of the name though. One of my teacher friends live there and has had nothing but great things to say about the place. She has concrete floors but you can get carpet per her words. You also can get walls painted. Ex. She has a purple focused wall with concrete floors throughout her 2 bedroom. She is on the 4th floor and there are elevators to boot. Garage parking and entrance into 4th floor etc. available. Sounds very urban like to me and nice to boot. I think she and her husband pay around $1300-1400 for her 2 bedroom...we just talked about this the other day.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:02 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,079 times
I'd highly recommend the Las Colinas (zips 75039 & 75038) or Valley Ranch (zip 75063) areas as both of these areas are mostly populated by young professionals as yourself, and would only be 12-13 miles from your workplace in Euless with easy access on 161 south to 183 west.

These are both very clean, modern areas where both residential (single-family homes, apartments, condos and high-rise lofts) and business districts cohesively exist (the best mix of urban/suburban)... with every conceivable shopping convenience centrally located, as well as restaurants/fitness centers/banks/sport bars of all types scattered about, along with a canal, numerous golf courses, parks and walking trails throughout.

In addition, they're only 15 minutes to DFW airport (west on I635), 30 minutes to Addison via I635 east & Dallas North Tollway north and 15-30 minutes to downtown Dallas (via 114/183) as well as a short commute to Ft. Worth or Arlington, with easy access on I635 Freeway and George Bush Tollway (161/190) to any other parts of the DFW metroplex.

As mentioned in the post above, there are several highrises in Las Colinas, as well as several upscale apartment home communities in both Las Colinas and Valley Ranch to choose from. Here are several sources to look at:

1 - For Grand Treviso in Las Colinas, see realtor.com, select advanced search, use zip 75039, select rentals and DE-select all other options (single-family, multi-family, etc.).
2 - Apartment in Irving, Texas | The Lofts at Las Colinas | Lofts in Dallas Area | Las Colinas Apartment
3 - Canal Side Lofts on Las Colinas in Irving, Texas urban apartment loft community: one bedroom apartments, one bedroom lofts, two bedroom apartments, two bedroom lofts with canal views, near Las Colinas Golf and Country Club, University of Dallas, and
4 - Las Colinas Apartments: Apartments in Las Colinas, High Rises Las Colinas Lofts and Townhomes/Condos
5 - Las Colinas/Valley Ranch*Texas Apartment Rental | Apartments for Rent in Las Colinas/Valley Ranch*Texas (http://www.apartments.com/Texas/Dallas-Ft.Worth&Vicinity/Irving-Lewisville/LasColinas-ValleyRanch - broken link)
6 - Apartments for Rent and Homes for Rent
7 - Apartments for rent: Apartment Guide, your free apartment finder

Good luck and Welcome to Texas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas