Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:16 PM

37 posts, read 129,219 times

Advertisements

Good to know that Co-Serv is not the only option in Frisco; it's news to me. We moved out of Frisco in 2005 and it was the only option we had for the 5 years that we lived there (Denton county part of Frisco), but obviously from what the other posters are saying, it's not the only game in town. My friend who lives in an apartment in the Collin County side also has Co-Serv, and she was not given a choice, either.... but perhaps the apartment complex has the final say on the energy provider. My friends in Little Elm also have to use Co-Serv (just a mile away from my old house), so I'm surprised at everyone saying they can choose now. When I tried to make a change to Reliant, for example, I was told I could not do so.

Does the choice vary by county within Frisco, or have they opened up both sides to allow the selection of energy providers? I know when I lived there, I would go to the various provider web sites and it would say I could sign up, but when I called, I was told it was a no-go. If y'all could let me know which part of Frisco you live in and when you were able to choose, it would be helpful as I have a cousin who is moving to the area (from Las Vegas) and I'd like to be able to tell him as much as I can about what his costs to live here will be.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 10:17 AM

217 posts, read 1,045,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
go to Power to Choose and put in your zipcode and any company that covers that area will be displayed and will give you a breakdown on price per KW.

Naima

what she said

Old 03-28-2008, 12:04 PM

197 posts, read 1,138,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
I've been happy with Gexa, and they give you one american airline mile for each dollar you spend with them.
When we switched to Gexa (a year ago, now) the rate thru their AA link was 0.5 cents higher than their rate without the link (or via Power to Choose).

Interestingly, it's the same now. It's also 1.8 cents higher, too.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:38 PM

2 posts, read 5,522 times
We use Gexa and have not had any problems with them.We went thru the web site,Power to choose, and they were the best choice at the time. Try them. See if the others require a contract or a commitment.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,913 times
Thanks for all the info - can anyone tell me what Utility Billing is in Frisco - is that paid to the town for sewer - garbage recycling etc? Im confused and not in TX yet but will be soon!

Thanks for any insight

Old 05-16-2013, 07:18 AM

277 posts, read 678,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl2TX View Post
Thanks for all the info - can anyone tell me what Utility Billing is in Frisco - is that paid to the town for sewer - garbage recycling etc? Im confused and not in TX yet but will be soon!

Thanks for any insight
Here's a site provided by the town for your reference. It all depends on what part of town you are residing and who's the provider.

New to Frisco?

Old 05-16-2013, 11:40 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,176,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl2TX View Post

Thanks for any insight
Water, trash/recycling, and sewer are all paid to the City of Frisco. It comes in one bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas