Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 10:59 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,814,092 times

Advertisements

The commute from Richardson to Las Colinas is easy if you take George Bush. The speeds are high and traffic actually moves. 30-40 minutes.

Richardson to downtown will depend on where in downtown, but it shouldn't take more than an hour during the height of rush-hour. More like 45-50 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2018, 11:11 AM

26 posts, read 21,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
The commute from Richardson to Las Colinas is easy if you take George Bush. The speeds are high and traffic actually moves. 30-40 minutes.

Richardson to downtown will depend on where in downtown, but it shouldn't take more than an hour during the height of rush-hour. More like 45-50 minutes.
Thanks a lot for your response

Old 06-25-2018, 01:25 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Here's the toll rate sheets for the North Texas Tollway Authority:
https://www.ntta.org/roadsprojects/r...ators_2017.pdf
They operate the PGBT and other area toll roads. You will see that taking the PBGT from Jupiter in Richardson to MacArthur in Las Colinas is $3.57 each way.

The toll lanes on 635 are operated by Texpress. They use variable pricing, which gets pretty high during peak hours. It's usually around $.50 per mile.
How Pricing is Determined | TEXpress Lanes

Sorry I don't have time estimates. If I am going to Richardson, I'm going the opposite direction since I live on the west side of DFW. Traffic can vary depending on the direction!

Old 06-25-2018, 03:47 PM

178 posts, read 399,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'll bear this response in mind next time you ask this forum for help and won't share my opinions with you in the future.

By the way, I live in Richardson. I could have been helpful to you.

As it stands, I hope you choose another city to move to or that you stay in Staten Island.

[mod cut] Majority of people who have lived there awhile have an inferiority complex of not being viewed as "really NYC" since its so isolated, [mod cut]. The only direct connection to Manhattan is the Staten Island Ferry, which makes commuting a complete pain in the ass. Zero subway connections to the other boroughs, only have the Verrazano Bridge as a car link to Brooklyn to the east.

Last edited by Acntx; 06-26-2018 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: Personal attacks

Old 06-25-2018, 04:14 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Fred Norris View Post
[mod cut] Majority of people who have lived there awhile have an inferiority complex of not being viewed as "really NYC" since its so isolated, [mod cut]. The only direct connection to Manhattan is the Staten Island Ferry, which makes commuting a complete pain in the ass. Zero subway connections to the other boroughs, only have the Verrazano Bridge as a car link to Brooklyn to the east.
Sounds like a Yankee to me...

Last edited by Acntx; 06-26-2018 at 01:28 PM..

Old 06-25-2018, 06:59 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,267,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis92 View Post
Can anybody who does any one of these commutes tell me how long it takes them during rush hour? I would just like to get an estimate of the numbers, I would like to decide for myself whether this is worth it and don't care for people's opinions on these commutes. Thanks.
Just because your current commute sucks, and almost anything would be an improvement, doesn't mean you should disregard the opinions of people who actually live here.

If you just want numbers use google maps and don't waste our time. You can put in what time you want to arrive and it will calculate the average time for that time of day/week.

Just because a 30 min commute would be better than an hour doesn't mean you shouldn't look at a 15 min commute.

Classic New Yorker thinking they are the smartest guy in the room lol.

*PS: Please, please stay in NY.

Last edited by Treasurevalley92; 06-25-2018 at 07:11 PM..

Old 06-26-2018, 07:26 PM

796 posts, read 931,673 times
I regularly commute from past downtown in the north part of oak cliff to where richardson and plano meet and it takes me 30 minutes in the morning and around 45 minutes in the afternoon if I leave at 4. if I leave before 4, I can do it in about 35 minutes.

I take 75 the entire way as well.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:26 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
We live very near 75 and Beltline. It takes my husband around 30 minutes to drive about 9 miles south on 75 at rush hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: