Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 02:52 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,115,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
The city of Dallas from Downtown to Interstate 635 has a lot of activity. It is conducive to a lifestyle that many younger single people would enjoy. North of 635 is more conducive to established couples who intend to start families, those with families with children under 18, and pre-retiree empty nesters who raised their children in this region.
Oh yeah I know that. That other poster sounds like someone new here that hasn't explored the actual city or various nightlife areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 05:06 PM

91 posts, read 136,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterdragon8212 View Post
Ummm...what?? Tell that to the hoards of 28 to 32 year old single women looking for husbands claiming everyone close to their age is married or not interested in commitment...OP, your dating options should be just fine - especially with your cosmopolitan background, salary, and interest in pursuing a serious relationship.
Exactly, I wasn't sure what that Guy was talking about. Dallas seemed to have plenty women to choose from!

Old 08-21-2018, 07:48 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,456,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis2Indy View Post
Exactly, I wasn't sure what that Guy was talking about. Dallas seemed to have plenty women to choose from!

Dallas has a lopsided sex ratio. There is a woman shortage in DFW. The 28-32 year old women have their pick of the litter in Dallas and can drive a pretty hard bargain. It isn't until ~40 that women don't have a massive advantage in terms of sex ratios.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:01 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,089 times
People don't always date in their age range. Which causes the ratio to balance out more than it says on paper.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:55 AM

19,777 posts, read 18,069,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesid123 View Post
Hi all,

I am a young 29 year old single male (black if that’s relevant) moving from Boston to Dallas. I make 95K a year and looking to know what areas would be the best for me to live. I am from France and moved to Boston 10 years ago and now relocating to Dallas. I work from home so commune is not an issue but I like to live in the city so I am thinking of downtown and possibly uptown. I have seen that the downtown area is flourishing with new businesses and apartment buildings so for now it’s my number one choice unless I am wrong, especially when it comes to safety. Your suggestions are really appreciated.

Also, what is the dating scene like in Dallas? I am looking to explore and possibly a serious relationship. I don’t have any specific dating objectives really.

Thanks for your help guys
Welcome to Texas!

1). IMO you should research three or four areas with intent. In no order and you've heard them all already in earlier responses downtown, Uptown, and The Medical District and as a flier Deep Ellum.

A). Downtown will either speak to you or it won't.
B). Keep in mind with a decent swing you could hit a 7-iron from downtown into Uptown they are separated by a big road not miles. So you will be able to enjoy both places at will living in either. Particularly check-out the State - Thomas area.
C). The Medical District. It's a couple or three miles away but offers a lot of newer, very nice apartments at prices that seem a bit lower than DT or UT. It's worth a look. But you'd be leaving for social reasons all the time. Some side logic is lots of younger well educated women work and study in the Medical District.
D). Deep Ellum is worth a look. It's rough around the edges, can be very loud, is probably less safe statistically etc. but it's undoubtedly fun and interesting. A couple of weekends ago while down there my wife and I saw a mid-50s guy dressed in a swank tuxedo and cowboy boots, a 20-ish white kid in dread-locks on a skateboard and a guy dressed like a death-metal band member having a spirited conversation about wet vs. dry hopped beers.

Old 09-01-2018, 01:24 PM

91 posts, read 136,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Dallas has a lopsided sex ratio. There is a woman shortage in DFW. The 28-32 year old women have their pick of the litter in Dallas and can drive a pretty hard bargain. It isn't until ~40 that women don't have a massive advantage in terms of sex ratios.
https://www.states101.com/gender-rat.../dallas-county

According To Census results Dallas County has 97 Men TO every 100 Women. It's about 99:100 for 25-39. Guys are more apt to go out so the ratios appear scewed. Same Thing happens here in Indianapolis. More women here than Men but it appears not to be the Other way around since only certain events get some women out. In Memphis, where I'm from, It is so much easier to meet women.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:32 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,456,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis2Indy View Post
https://www.states101.com/gender-rat.../dallas-county

According To Census results Dallas County has 97 Men TO every 100 Women. It's about 99:100 for 25-39. Guys are more apt to go out so the ratios appear scewed. Same Thing happens here in Indianapolis. More women here than Men but it appears not to be the Other way around since only certain events get some women out. In Memphis, where I'm from, It is so much easier to meet women.
The first statistic considers all men ages 18-death. The second statistic for ages 25-39 does not take into consideration relationship status. There are more single, unattached men from 18-39 than single, unattached women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas