Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2019, 02:58 AM

213 posts, read 183,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
Then yeah...enjoy your house
Its not for all though
Just like this thread is not necessarily for those not really interested in the real estate market, but rather want to tell people how they should not be in it at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 04:47 AM

932 posts, read 543,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanByMarriage View Post
Just like this thread is not necessarily for those not really interested in the real estate market, but rather want to tell people how they should not be in it at all?

It is relevant...since House isn't a big deal.

Fyi.... Look at this...an indicator which leads to long term home price depression.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/healt...udy/index.html

Also somebody was saying that rents were increasing, I have inquired at couple places and they are reducing rents for the fear of competition :P

Old 01-12-2019, 08:26 AM

349 posts, read 379,277 times
Quote:
It is relevant...since House isn't a big deal.

Fyi.... Look at this...an indicator which leads to long term home price depression.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/healt...udy/index.html

Also somebody was saying that rents were increasing, I have inquired at couple places and they are reducing rents for the fear of competition :P
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...increases-2019

It's weird how you post links to articles that support your thesis, while completing ignoring all of the articles that don't.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:27 AM

478 posts, read 418,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djslakor View Post

It's weird how you post links to articles that support your thesis, while completing ignoring all of the articles that don't.
No. That’s just confirmation bias.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex Ranger View Post
No. That’s just confirmation bias.
Eggjactly! Thank you

Old 01-12-2019, 09:11 AM

989 posts, read 2,442,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinesotaUser1 View Post
This article will answer to several people in this thread. This indicates housing market is slowed down in last few months.

Average time to sell a D-FW home is now the longest in years
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...-longest-years
I'm not questioning the numbers in the article or the article itself, but just in general some things in there seem odd to me. For example:

"The houses that real estate agents sold in December had been on the market for an average of almost two months,

"North Texas home sales times are still much shorter than they were during the Great Recession, when it could take three to four months on average to peddle a property.

"Average days on market in North Texas bottomed out at around 36 days back in early 2016.

"In December, there was only a 2.4-month supply of homes listed for sale with North Texas real estate agents. A normal supply of houses on the market is considered to be about six months."

All I am saying is this - if a supposed "normal inventory" is 6 months, and we only have 2.4 months; and the time period homes sit on the market is currently 2 months, but during the worst housing crisis/recession in recent memory it was 3 to 4 months, something in the numbers doesn't add up. With those numbers, I would infer that if we actually had 6 months of inventory (so called "normal"), homes would be sitting unsold for many months and prices would be dropping drastically. That doesn't sound "normal" to me. Kind of like how a 6% mortgage rate is no longer "normal", I don't think 6 months of inventory sounds like it should be considered normal in the current housing climate. If things ever get to "normal" (6 months inventory, 6% interest rate), I would anticipate housing crises would collapse probably by 30%.

Secondly if inventory is supposedly very low, but time on market is getting longer and longer, it sounds like the demand is not really there at current prices, which again would seem to suggest some kind of minor pricing correction is needed to move inventory at what would be its normalized pace.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:

I believe in actual data with enough safety margin.

Not propoganda news

Dallas news is full of contradictions, click baits and incorrect info.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:22 PM

349 posts, read 379,277 times
Quote:

Not propoganda news

Like the actual data that shows YoY price increases?

Old 01-12-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Like the actual data that shows YoY price increases?
Like fertility rate.

Yoy increase might depend on lot of other factors.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:38 PM

422 posts, read 542,747 times
Quote:

Not propoganda news

Lol here’s the bottom line:

Homeowners are gonna pay Mortgage, Property Taxes, and Insurance. Plus upkeep of the home.
Renters are gonna pay: Someone elses mortgage, property taxes, Insurance, and upkeep of the home. Plus a little bit of profit to the homeowner.

If you think by some crazy metric you’re coming out ahead, you truly have lost your mind. The only thing I’ll give ya is the flexibility to move. Yes, it’s easier to move from a rental then sell a house.

Good example of how much people will overpay for a rental. Statistica (website) says rentals cost $1.07 a sq ft in Texas in 2018. My mortgage out the door is costing me around .80 a SQ Ft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas