Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 01:17 PM

104 posts, read 90,328 times

Advertisements

Looking in this neighborhood currently and curious if anyone has thoughts on safety? I did look up crime data and don't see violent crimes in the area much. However, I do see that East Dallas is littered with registered sex offenders.

We are moving from out of state so trying to get a better feel for the neighborhood before we put an offer in.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 01:39 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,310,989 times
Well, there isn't really any "between Uptown and Greenville" since Greenville runs north and south and "Uptown" is clear on the other side of Central Expressway.

It would probably be helpful if you could say which streets bound the area you're interested in,

Old 04-11-2019, 02:00 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,285,464 times
Native Dallasite here, just googled Belmont Park. If you’re truly looking at that little pocket behind CityPlace, I would call it “transitional”. Not a neighborhood I would walk my dog in at night - or during the day for that matter.

Things are much nicer just a few more blocks north by Fitzhugh.

Last edited by TurtleCreek80; 04-11-2019 at 02:09 PM..

Old 04-11-2019, 02:05 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,310,989 times
Yeah, I did the same thing. You're only a couple blocks from the projects. Unless you really really want to be an urban pioneer, I wouldn't live there. When I drive through there I keep moving.

Personally for people coming in from out of state (to anywhere, really) I would recommend living somewhere a while before putting down your stakes.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, there isn't really any "between Uptown and Greenville" since Greenville runs north and south and "Uptown" is clear on the other side of Central Expressway.

It would probably be helpful if you could say which streets bound the area you're interested in,
Belmont Park - specifically Coles Manor Pl Dallas, TX 75204

Old 04-11-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Yeah, I did the same thing. You're only a couple blocks from the projects. Unless you really really want to be an urban pioneer, I wouldn't live there. When I drive through there I keep moving.

Personally for people coming in from out of state (to anywhere, really) I would recommend living somewhere a while before putting down your stakes.
If you think that's the projects, I grew up in the projects, lol. We drove past it - being of low socioeconomic status is not a crime.

It is def. a 50/50 blend at this point, we were just in the area last week.

I grew up in Dallas and have spent the vast majority of my life there, but it's been 6 years since I've lived there so it's a bit new to me [again] in that sense.

Still, def. a bit concerned so going to go with instinct on this and maybe look a few blocks closer to Uptown or closer to Lower Greenville.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:20 PM

989 posts, read 2,440,862 times
If you're in one of the new apartment complexes around there you're probably fine, but you would be close to some shady areas and I think there's been some crazy violent shenanigans going on near the Target there in recent years.

I would only consider it if you're looking at a new build apartment complex potentially with some kind of security or gate.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:09 PM

206 posts, read 170,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfolk89 View Post
If you think that's the projects,
The earlier comment on the projects might have been in reference to the Roseland Townhomes, which is owned by Dallas Housing Authority. As you might have noticed, there are some good options around there. Ross Ave keeps improving. As for Coles Manor Pl, there is at least one slick new duplex there.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
If you're in one of the new apartment complexes around there you're probably fine, but you would be close to some shady areas and I think there's been some crazy violent shenanigans going on near the Target there in recent years.

I would only consider it if you're looking at a new build apartment complex potentially with some kind of security or gate.
Wow. Just looked up some news coverage at that Target, crazy. I used to go to that Target often 7 years ago.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:33 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,285,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfolk89 View Post
Wow. Just looked up some news coverage at that Target, crazy. I used to go to that Target often 7 years ago.
It was bad 10-15 years ago when I lived in Oak Lawn. It was the closest Target but I would go to the Skillman or Marsh ones instead. I maybe went 2 or 3 times after dark and never again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas