Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2019, 07:40 AM

5 posts, read 10,031 times

Advertisements

Hello you all... I drove to Texas about 2 weeks ago Arlington TX to be exact I drove to Dallas & Fort Worth as well but they are all connected and I really love it I felt sadness when I had to leave and come back home... If I'm not mistaking I didn't see any buses and Arlington I made up my mind to move from Milwaukee and have a change of scenery and overall life change I just want better and I'm sick of the coldness... I actually know ppl that move there already and didn't regret it... I don't have any children it's just me I been working in the school system for about 2 Years now and I can't relocate that job... I been looking and doing my homework but it seems to live in Dallas is expensive I seen 1 bedroom apartments go from 800-1200 so my question is what are the outskirts of Dallas where are some affordable apartments but nice areas to live? And how is the job economy will it take long to get a job... Thank you all for your time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 07:53 AM

516 posts, read 451,368 times
Arlington is one of the largest cities in the US that doesn't have its own transit system. DART (Dallas transit) serves Dallas and the surrounding cities by bus and train.

What is your budget for an apartment? I'd say there are a lot of jobs available in the DFW area. However, there are also a lot of people moving into the area. So, the competition is still pretty healthy.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:08 AM

Thanks for responding my price range would be 700 possibly 850 does that sound reasonable for out there... Yes and I understand what you are saying with the competition... Also I got some advice from a family friend that lives there I believe in Cedar Hill not sure but he was saying I might want to search for a job first... Then go ahead and look around for apartments cause how he was saying you can be almost 30-45 mins away from your job so he advise me to search for a job 1st...

Old 07-25-2019, 08:18 AM

516 posts, read 451,368 times
I agree with your friend about finding a job first. The metroplex is so spread out and there is a lot of traffic. The $700 - $850 price range is on the low side. You will likely find a small bedroom apartment for that price in the suburbs. It will be harder to find that price range in Dallas unless you go to the lower-income areas.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:55 AM

Okay gotcha I been to Fort Worth and Arlington as well I liked Arlington this is all new to me I never moved out of state before but it's a difference between what I pay here for an apartment and the prices that apartments go for in Dallas... But I still have some research to do I can always drive to but I'll consider other parts not to far from Dallas... Like I mention in my previous post it's just me so I'll just have to keep looking... But thanks once again for responding

Old 07-26-2019, 07:22 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraquietstorm View Post
Thanks for responding my price range would be 700 possibly 850 does that sound reasonable for out there... Yes and I understand what you are saying with the competition... Also I got some advice from a family friend that lives there I believe in Cedar Hill not sure but he was saying I might want to search for a job first... Then go ahead and look around for apartments cause how he was saying you can be almost 30-45 mins away from your job so he advise me to search for a job 1st...
This should help:

Ok..these are the ones that are less than 600.

https://www.forrent.com/find/TX/metr...saAon1EALw_wcB

These are a little better and less than 700.

https://www.apartments.com/dallas-tx/under-700/

Dallas won't let you down..

Old 07-26-2019, 08:37 AM

Thank You

Old 07-29-2019, 03:22 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,230,595 times
Also consider Fort Worth it's a large city in it's own right and apartments are cheaper by default. Parts of the suburb of Irving could work as well.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:23 AM

Thank You... And yes I will check it out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas