Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 12:23 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,068,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
You bought a bargain and it caught up.
Yep, could be.

Where do you live now if you don't mind me asking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 12:26 PM

456 posts, read 239,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
We moved to Texas for the job and left Texas for the job. Cut the house by 1/3 and expenses to 1/3. No stress, no traffic, medical system superior, pay check better. One drawback is the limited options in grocery stores. There is Amazon.
I can tell you right now that the Medical System is not superior. Might be as good.

Old 01-28-2020, 12:32 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,237,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

First of all, I never said that my taxes were due to appraisal value. I just said, my payment used to be x, and now it is y, due to taxes.

I see. Sooo... what do YOU think your taxes are based on if not appraisal value?

You know what, nevermind.

Old 01-28-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
I see. Sooo... what do YOU think your taxes are based on if not appraisal value?

You know what, nevermind.
Appraisal values are of course a part of it. School bonds may also play a part. We've had two major bond votes since we've been here. Someone already commented upthread about how her mortgage increased several hundred dollars a month due to school bonds.

Old 01-28-2020, 02:42 PM

41 posts, read 21,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keribeth818 View Post
Simply not true. "Paperwork" is a form requested by the parent, mailed to your home from the state for free, check off what vaccinations you don't want "due to reasons of conscience", then notarize and turned into school. Easy as that.
Yes, Texas allows exemptions based on religious beliefs. This does not negate the fact that vaccinations are required by the school board - it is mandated as a requirement. Also, the school district may ban exempted children from coming to school if there are outbreaks or other "conditions".

Although, it is pure speculation at this point, but given the amount of attention that the topic of exemptions is getting, it is quite probable that Texas will tighten its regulations and limit it to medical exemptions only in the near future.

Old 02-02-2020, 12:48 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,745,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
It's a pity that so many Americans are pissant sissies when it comes to snow and cold weather. Threads like this wouldn't be so frequent. Choose to live in the Upper Midwest.
Some people have bodies that cannot handle the freezing cold temperatures and snow.

Old 02-15-2020, 05:55 PM

7,708 posts, read 5,451,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Yes we moved here from NC.

Schools are definitely better here, but with our son soon out of high school, we don't necessarily feel a need to stay.

Of course other states have different tax burdens regarding income, property, and sales taxes and the like; however, many other states assess property taxes at some kind of calculated assessment, and not at close to market value.
Where is "here?"

If it's Texas, you really ought to ask one of the head forum moderators to change your screen name. They can do that for you.

You post in the Texas forum as if it is your residence, and you may live in Texas, yet your name makes it seem as if you are a former Californian who NOW LIVES in North Carolina. It's no wonder people get confused...

If you want everyone to know your moving history, why not just list it in your profile, and if anyone wants to know more, they can click on your profile to get that information.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Where is "here?"

If it's Texas, you really ought to ask one of the head forum moderators to change your screen name. They can do that for you.

You post in the Texas forum as if it is your residence, and you may live in Texas, yet your name makes it seem as if you are a former Californian who NOW LIVES in North Carolina. It's no wonder people get confused...

If you want everyone to know your moving history, why not just list it in your profile, and if anyone wants to know more, they can click on your profile to get that information.
Well, this is random.

Do you have something constructive to add to the topic or are you just here to attack me?

Old 02-17-2020, 07:56 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,628,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
I had to get my licensed renewed the other day, all that was there was Indians and Californians

What's up with all the Indians though? They have literally taken over Far North Dallas & Plano.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:34 AM

24,508 posts, read 10,836,221 times
If you pull up Tarrant County historic school tax numbers they went down between 2013 and 2018 and 2019. You may want to contact your mortgage company for details and compare those with information you get from Tarrant County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas