Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 01:16 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
I support this statement. We've all been warned months ago by countries who actually have this thing at least somewhat under control. If people want to be dunces and play Russian Roulette well they can wait for when and if a bed opens up. Mask On! and stop being so social. 2020 is teaching the USA several lessons if we care to listen and learn.
In other countries, people have no issue with wearing masks. They just do it. Many people in my area from Asian countries were wearing masks daily, long before the pandemic started. Some of them were actually harassed because of it.

It is a normal part of life in other countries that people wear a mask in public. They take it off at home, in their car, in private. I do not know why Americans are so angry about this.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:52 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,233,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It is a normal part of life in other countries that people wear a mask in public. They take it off at home, in their car, in private. I do not know why Americans are so angry about this.

Because we live in an entitled society and we have been for far too long.

I went to Home Depot today. As I was walking in (wearing a mask) a guy was walking out and cussing up a storm... Didn't have a mask on, and they turned him away.

I walked in, did my shopping, and was walking back out when who should be walking up again but the same guy, this time wearing a mask with big TRUMP lettering across it. I smirked at that a bit, you could tell he was still upset at having to wear it.

Old 07-05-2020, 03:57 PM

227 posts, read 222,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grilledcheeseftw View Post
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07...t-coronavirus/

"Later Thursday, in an interview with Univision in Dallas, Abbott also signaled he might be rethinking plans to open the state's public schools for in-person classes this fall, after state officials said last month that it would be safe."
Abbott , i think is catching the Biden dementia disease

Old 07-05-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Because we live in an entitled society and we have been for far too long.

I went to Home Depot today. As I was walking in (wearing a mask) a guy was walking out and cussing up a storm... Didn't have a mask on, and they turned him away.
Good for them (turning him away). He should have been ashamed to do that, walk in without a mask.

And speaking of Home Depot, I read a news story recently about a woman who's husband ran an errand to Home Depot, and came back home. Then came down with the virus, and gave it to his wife and child. Both the mom and child wound up hospitalized with covid.

I saw several people today at Tom Thumb, wearing a mask but only covered their mouth, and one person had it below his mouth. I think he would have pulled it back up if anyone had said something.

Old 07-05-2020, 04:51 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,233,863 times
The funny part was, he was trying to walk in through the contractor entrance. If he would have tried coming in the main entrance, HD had some boxes of free surgical masks for people to take as they entered. But since he apparently threw a fit and left, he actually drove home and got his own mask and didn't know about it and they didn't bother to tell him LOL.

Old 07-05-2020, 04:59 PM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
I walked in, did my shopping, and was walking back out when who should be walking up again but the same guy, this time wearing a mask with big TRUMP lettering across it. I smirked at that a bit, you could tell he was still upset at having to wear it.
I passed through Hearne and went into a truck stop there for some gas. There was guy there whose mask said "This mask is Useless".

Old 07-05-2020, 05:04 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Only three of us were wearing masks at the 7/11 this afternoon. Management didn't ask the non mask wearers to leave.

Old 07-05-2020, 05:26 PM

198 posts, read 186,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I have not received that notice yet. Was it sent through email?
Yes I got an email on July 1
You need to make a selection on the parent portal by July 11
The default is said to in-person so if you don’t make a selection your child will be enrolled for in person school

Old 07-05-2020, 06:02 PM

5,827 posts, read 4,162,578 times
The numbers this weekend were a little bit encouraging. Case numbers are still really high, but deaths are down, and they were down significantly yesterday. Perhaps it was because it was a holiday, but deaths yesterday (nationally) were at just 254, down from 512 last Saturday. A couple small states haven't reported yet today, but right now, things sit at 234 (versus 285 last Sunday). These are both significant drops. I hope this trend continues. I realize that multiple experts have said that deaths could still spike, and some have even said that they will. But we're now three weeks into the national jump, and deaths are still consistently trending downward, with maybe just one or two days per week seeing slightly larger numbers than the same day the previous week.

I also have a not-so-secret hope that states that have "been through this" are resistant to subsequent spikes. Most states that had it bad the first go-round are doing very well this time, and the states that are doing poorly did relatively well the first time. This could be because those states learned to take it seriously, but I'm also hopeful that there is a deeper epidemiological reason for this. If so, maybe Texas and Florida will get through this current spike and have the worst behind them.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpushiys View Post
Yes I got an email on July 1
You need to make a selection on the parent portal by July 11
The default is said to in-person so if you don’t make a selection your child will be enrolled for in person school
OK thanks. It's just not enough time to make a decision though. If I send my kids to school in person they will have to wear a face shield in addition to a mask. We don't want to take any chances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas