Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 07:28 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,192,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Bluffview is over OPs budget. I mean way over.

At this point I doubt the OP will return ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 07:32 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,240,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
You might not pick these neighborhoods if you had money, but they are the choice of half the Dallas-based billionaires, former President Bush, and a bunch of athletes and Dallas business leaders.

...And the other half live in Collin county or Southlake. Troy Aikman lived in Plano before he ever lived in Dallas you know.

For me, Bluffview is far too close to Love Field (an airport, OP) for me to ever consider living there since I work from home. Couple that with a far longer commute to Legacy West than they would have if they lived in West Plano or Stonebriar, and the people suggesting neighborhoods in Dallas are nuts.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:10 AM

565 posts, read 558,731 times
Quote:
Bluffview is over OPs budget. I mean way over.
I'm really confused by this ?

75% of the houses currently for sale in Bluffview are literally in the OPs budget. Not only that almost all of the 25% that isn't in the budget are over 6000 square feet which the OP wouldn't buy anyways since "we don't need much space, we're empty nesters".

Old 06-09-2020, 10:15 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake575 View Post

75% of the houses currently for sale in Bluffview are literally in the OPs budget. Not only that almost all of the 25% that isn't in the budget are over 6000 square feet which the OP wouldn't buy anyways since "we don't need much space".
I didn’t understand that either. No, OP can’t afford a 2 acre estate on Seneca. Inventory is low now but $2M will put you in a lovely home on Bluffview Blvd, Pomona, Horseshoe Trail, etc - and almost anything west of Midway like Shorecrest. Basically all of Bluffview except estate lots and brand new construction mansions.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:15 PM

649 posts, read 1,423,973 times
No one...absolutely no one mentioned Chapel Creek Frisco. Not only does it have beautiful trees and a walking jogging path through the neighborhood, they have a few available lots to build on while being a mature neighborhood. I’m speaking of the older section. They also have lots in the newer section. OP, if a realtor haven’t sent you here already, you should definitely take a look!

Old 06-13-2020, 04:55 PM

377 posts, read 382,616 times
For 2 million, you can have a 3 acre estate next to Dak Prescott at Whispering Farms in Prosper

Old 06-14-2020, 06:21 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,412,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake575 View Post

75% of the houses currently for sale in Bluffview are literally in the OPs budget. Not only that almost all of the 25% that isn't in the budget are over 6000 square feet which the OP wouldn't buy anyways since "we don't need much space, we're empty nesters".
OP said best high-end neighborhoods of ALL. That excludes anything under 2 mil in Bluffview.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:24 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,412,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
No one...absolutely no one mentioned Chapel Creek Frisco. Not only does it have beautiful trees and a walking jogging path through the neighborhood, they have a few available lots to build on while being a mature neighborhood. I’m speaking of the older section. They also have lots in the newer section. OP, if a realtor haven’t sent you here already, you should definitely take a look!
People on this forum are biased against anything North of Plano. You will rarely find suggestions for there or many other ones.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:38 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,175,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
If we're throwing Chapel Creek into the mix, then add Starwood too. The older part of Chapel Creek is gorgeous. The only knock (in my opinion) to Chapel Creek is the main entrance/exit is right in front of Frisco HS and there's also an elementary right down the road, so school zones and traffic are a nightmare depending on what time you are trying to get in/out. I know there is a back exit, but that's not convenient if you want to get on DNT.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:57 AM

625 posts, read 667,998 times
Quote:
People on this forum are biased against anything North of Plano. You will rarely find suggestions for there or many other ones.

I think its to each his own. I've lived on/off in Dallas for 20 years and have never been to Frisco or any of the other suburbs North of that. I've been to Plano a handful of times. I am sure there are great places there, but I have no experiences there. I like living convenient to non-chain restaurants, arts, museums, diverse architecture, lots of trees, etc. I grew up in the Houston suburbs and hated that huge HS experience - so for me its been a personal choice for my family.

As for the OP (who hasn't come back), since they are New England empty nesters not looking for tons of room and value mature trees - it seems likely they would not be looking for a giant exerb home, but may be drawn to a older neighborhood. But definitely could be wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: