Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2022, 02:10 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,326,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenro911 View Post
I do not recall, maybe I'll go look at it when I get time. I remember seeing it and saying, wow these are not that expensive, it was pre or right beginning of Covid.

Perhaps I will try to dig through and see if I can find them.

But a quick search now, there are homes around 1.5M right now in HP. So my idea that at begining or pre covid there were more is not that unsuitable.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...27202825_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...62654030_zpid/

Yes they are across the tollway but its still HP. And again, that is today, there were houses like these on 'other' side in HP proper for these prices at begining or pre covid.
HP implies school district. The homes in West HP have always sold at a 25%+ discount because….no schools. You probably could have bought a house in West HP for $850k pre-COVID.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 03:02 PM

278 posts, read 217,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
HP implies school district. The homes in West HP have always sold at a 25%+ discount because….no schools. You probably could have bought a house in West HP for $850k pre-COVID.
Well there you go so my point stands, you could've bought a house in east HP for a bit over a million. That's your 25% vs 850K. Pre covid.

Old 09-17-2022, 06:16 AM

252 posts, read 208,940 times
Quote:
Well there you go so my point stands, you could've bought a house in east HP for a bit over a million. That's your 25% vs 850K. Pre covid.
25% increase is nothing. Cars and food went up 25%. Why would houses or stock market not go up 25%.

When more dollars are printed and chase the same supply of good or worse a lower supply of good. The end result is inflation exactly like you mentioned.

It could be a house in Celina, Little elm or BFE and it still went up 25%.

This is just facts and I am sure everyone with 2 brain cells except that one McKinney guy already knew everything except their income went up 25%.

The system is working as designed to keep you poor for life and extract maximum wealth for the 0.1%. Continue to stretch your true retirement date until your death finally occurs. Social security is underfunded and we can't afford to pay you out.

Last edited by DFW_FTW; 09-17-2022 at 06:36 AM..

Old 09-17-2022, 08:24 AM

19,874 posts, read 18,152,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_FTW View Post
25% increase is nothing. Cars and food went up 25%. Why would houses or stock market not go up 25%.

When more dollars are printed and chase the same supply of good or worse a lower supply of good. The end result is inflation exactly like you mentioned.

This is just facts and I am sure everyone with 2 brain cells except that one McKinney guy already knew everything except their income went up 25%.

The system is working as designed to keep you poor for life and extract maximum wealth for the 0.1%. Continue to stretch your true retirement date until your death finally occurs. Social security is underfunded and we can't afford to pay you out.

Does that mean you would have held money supply flat across middle 2020? Keep in mind real GDP was roughly - 5% Q1, 2020 and roughly - 31% Q2, 2020.

https://www.bea.gov/news/2021/gross-...econd-estimate

M1 long term
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M1SL

M2 long term
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/WM2NS

Your assertions about incomes and the rich and poor are just chatter.

Over the long haul not quite 2x more of the middle class have joined the upper classes than than the reverse.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-five-decades/

Finally, the poor don't have any wealth to extract for the top 0.1%. The bottom 50% of Americans have an aggregated negative net worth.

The early Covid related injections of money into the system across 2020 were absolutely needed, I've read no sane counter argument, no sane counter study/analysis. FWIIW I argued in the economics forum that we needed buy and borrow our way out of the deflationary spiral. We did that and it worked. Trying to keep this minimally political...........just about all of the post 2020 spends and giveaways we not necessary and are significantly responsible for our current inflationary pain. Also, before anyone chimes in about Russia and the war, yes there is no question a net effect of sanctions and oil prices added to our inflationary pain.........however, US inflation was trending up hard a year before any of that happened.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ate-in-the-us/

Sorry for the typos no glasses.

Old 09-17-2022, 11:16 AM

278 posts, read 217,577 times
Quote:

I am talking about 25% price difference between East HP and west HP.

Old 09-17-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Does that mean you would have held money supply flat across middle 2020? Keep in mind real GDP was roughly - 5% Q1, 2020 and roughly - 31% Q2, 2020.

Your assertions about incomes and the rich and poor are just chatter.

Over the long haul not quite 2x more of the middle class have joined the upper classes than than the reverse.

Finally, the poor don't have any wealth to extract for the top 0.1%. The bottom 50% of Americans have an aggregated negative net worth.

M1 did not need to go up 5x to solve the problem. Rates did not need to stay down for this long to solve the problem. Inflation was never transitory like they led you to believe initially.

All asset holders benefited from this so the ones who held the most like 0.1% gained the most from all this money that was injected at the cost of everyday tax payers.

You're talking about poor people having no wealth to extract.

I am talking about inflation and capitalism ensuring even middle class is living paycheck to paycheck. The system is working as designed to extract maximum dollars from all walks of life and keep you in the rat race just a weee bit longer until you finally hit the dirt without having to pay out in full for social security. Win win for everyone but the individual.

Upper middle class at $220,000 will also be feeling the pinch when living in high cost of living areas. Slap in weakness in your 401k / slippage in real-estate values and the wealth effect has completely reversed.

Capitalism will always put shareholders first over the public and the 0.1% holds the most stock. The rest of the world gets scraps that trickle down from the 0.1% and feels like they're winning.

Quote:
I am talking about 25% price difference between East HP and west HP.
The spread between East HP and West HP will always remain and fluctuate over time. Houses went up across the board everywhere in the world and the spread between 3 bed and 4 bed homes also widened in most places.

This is all expected behavior based on supply and demand. The demand is lower for properties that do not feed into HP ISD. Price will have to be adjusted to meet the demand point.

Old 09-17-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
M1 did not need to go up 5x to solve the problem. Rates did not need to stay down for this long to solve the problem. Inflation was never transitory like they led you to believe initially.

All asset holders benefited from this so the ones who held the most like 0.1% gained the most from all this money that was injected at the cost of everyday tax payers.

You're talking about poor people having no wealth to extract.

I am talking about inflation and capitalism ensuring even middle class is living paycheck to paycheck. The system is working as designed to extract maximum dollars from all walks of life and keep you in the rat race just a weee bit longer until you finally hit the dirt without having to pay out in full for social security. Win win for everyone but the individual.

Upper middle class at $220,000 will also be feeling the pinch when living in high cost of living areas. Slap in weakness in your 401k / slippage in real-estate values and the wealth effect has completely reversed.

Capitalism will always put shareholders first over the public and the 0.1% holds the most stock. The rest of the world gets scraps that trickle down from the 0.1% and feels like they're winning.
OK. At its heart your thesis isn't really about economics it's anti-capitalism. Which I smelled from you in other threads.

But to play along:
1. Explain why/how less money supply increases into at least late 2020 would have solved our deflation trap.

2. Same relative to interest rates.

3. No one led me to believe the round inflation that began not long after election day was transitory - I never for a second believed that. The fact is we had an administration doing all it could to give away as much money as possible in the face of early inflation - heck they are still doing so. Put the blame where it belongs.

4. Human shareholders are members of the public.

5. General price inflation hurts everyone but the working poor, the lower middle classes and many on fixed incomes the most. IOW the guy earning $220K will notice inflation at current levels it will not alter his life much. Members of the working poor often must decide between paying gas, food, electric bills and rent. Gas is a massive spend item for many working poor.

Old 09-17-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
OK. At its heart your thesis isn't really about economics it's anti-capitalism. Which I smelled from you in other threads.

But to play along:
1. Explain why/how less money supply increases into at least late 2020 would have solved our deflation trap.

2. Same relative to interest rates.

3. No one led me to believe the round inflation that began not long after election day was transitory - I never for a second believed that. The fact is we had an administration doing all it could to give away as much money as possible in the face of early inflation - heck they are still doing so. Put the blame where it belongs.

4. Human shareholders are members of the public.

5. General price inflation hurts everyone but the working poor, the lower middle classes and many on fixed incomes the most. IOW the guy earning $220K will notice inflation at current levels it will not alter his life much. Members of the working poor often must decide between paying gas, food, electric bills and rent. Gas is a massive spend item for many working poor.

If you don't realize less money means less dollars chasing the same products leads to less inflation . Man I don't have time for you.

I freaking love capitalism and know how to play this game to my advantage. Most individuals are not that savvy and will be taken for a ride during their lifetime.

Last edited by DFW_FTW; 09-17-2022 at 02:27 PM..

Old 09-17-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
If you don't realize less money means less dollars chasing the same products leads to less inflation . Man I don't have time for you.

I freaking love capitalism and know how to play this game to my advantage. Most individuals are not that savvy and will be taken for a ride during their lifetime.
IOW you've got nothing. I more or less knew it now I'm sure.

Old 09-17-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
IOW you've got nothing. I more or less knew it now I'm sure.
Your reasoning logic is a joke. Lol.

Enjoy your weekend bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas