Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2022, 08:53 PM

588 posts, read 486,420 times

Advertisements

This house was posted for rent at $7,998 and for sale at $1,790,000 but now it says both listing removed. Is it pending or temporarily off market?

https://www.apartmentfinder.com/Texa...tments-qe7etsz

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...4_M85466-11822
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 05:38 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
They Cancelled the listings to sell and lease on 8/21.

Old 09-12-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They Cancelled the listings to sell and lease on 8/21.
Thanks.

Old 10-05-2022, 03:18 PM

387 posts, read 616,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Hope20 View Post
Thanks.
Seems like they got a reality check and listed back with reduced price!!

Old 10-05-2022, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingon View Post
Seems like they got a reality check and listed back with reduced price!!

You are right. It was priced very high. Someone from my gym is interested but there is still a large gap between the price and their max. It looks like a different house from inside, very basic stager style paint and furnishings. I liked owner's style better.

Old 10-06-2022, 06:58 AM

387 posts, read 616,235 times
The price differential is a reflection of lunacy/fear of the times. People have stopped reasoning as to what makes today's market any different that the pre covid market of 2019. If anything today's market is worst on every single count ranging from mortgage rates, inflation numbers, affordability and thus the value proposition of any property anywhere in the USA.

With the high interest rates its that much tougher for people to put a 20% down, will take lot longer to pay off, will need assurance of steadily rising income to pay off the mortgage, a grim outlook about the job market that is shaping up on the horizon. Yet the so called 'experts' will tell you its 'different' this time than around 2008. These same 'experts' were predicting a meltdown of RE when Covid started!!!

If a person/family is living in a good house and has no pressing need to move they are better off walking away from this mass hysteria and regaining their senses before risking their future life and financial security in the pursuit of a 'new' home.

Old 11-28-2022, 02:09 PM

3 posts, read 2,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Hope20 View Post
You are right. It was priced very high. Someone from my gym is interested but there is still a large gap between the price and their max. It looks like a different house from inside, very basic stager style paint and furnishings. I liked owner's style better.
Tell your friend at your gym to not walk, but run from buying in this subdivision. I used to live there and I can tell you first hand, we were miserable. The HOA is extremely ineffective and self serving and some of the residents are not inclusive at all towards anyone that is different than them (and at times, quite frankly hostile). They are building a large multi use project next to the subdivision on one side and a senior living on the other...both with parking garages and multi story buildings.

I personally know several people who have moved for the above reasons. One lady's neighbor was so awful that after the "last straw incident" I talked to her and she put her house up for sale a few days later. Another resident pretty much begged the residents to take care of their homes b/c the HOA was not doing anything and this resident finally threw in the towel as well. Another family I know was renting and a few homes were up for sale in the subdivison and they told me straight up there was NO way they were going to buy there and were glad they had the chance to rent instead of buying and being "stuck". Many of the people are moving to nearby subdivisions (Willow Bend, Lakeside, etc). They love the area but the subdivision was so bad they left.

I agree with you completely. The house is WAY WAY WAY overpriced for that subdivision.

Old 11-29-2022, 12:55 PM

4,541 posts, read 2,674,170 times
But at least there's a pope.

Isn't there?

What, the schism's over?

NOW you tell me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas