Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 08:47 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,100,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl911 View Post
Thank you..
Have an appointment with a Realtor and planning on listing the house.
Excellent! Good luck! Keep us posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2022, 10:00 AM

3,834 posts, read 4,439,529 times
Have you looked into what it's going to cost you to live in Florida? From what I've been reading Florida isnt cheap either, especially in the nicer areas on the coast that everyone wants...plus you have the challenges of much higher insurance, hurricanes, etc. You might be trading one set of negatives for another that may be better, but could also be worse. I would do a detailed analysis of both states before pulling the trigger

Old 10-04-2022, 10:25 AM

1,429 posts, read 1,776,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Have you looked into what it's going to cost you to live in Florida? From what I've been reading Florida isnt cheap either, especially in the nicer areas on the coast that everyone wants...plus you have the challenges of much higher insurance, hurricanes, etc. You might be trading one set of negatives for another that may be better, but could also be worse. I would do a detailed analysis of both states before pulling the trigger
Come on, there are SO many affordable parts of Florida. I'm guessing OP isn't trying to cash out and move to a waterfront home in Naples or something. Much like Texas, there are parts of the state that are pricey and probably overheated, and parts that are not. As for everything else you've said, I assume posters have done basic due diligence on such things, unless they ask or reveal otherwise within their posts.

Old 10-04-2022, 08:34 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,410,734 times
Possibly the worse time to sell.

Old 10-04-2022, 09:13 PM

483 posts, read 244,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
A realtor friend told me this last month. You will very rarely win or lose both sides of the deal. OP may be selling lowish, but she will also be buying lowish.

Old 10-04-2022, 09:21 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,287,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Depends on the house & location. Just did a quick neighborhood check & all but two of the $1-2M houses listed in my neighborhood are pending or sold within 30-90 days (average DOM is in the mid 40’s now). The 2 sitting…one is a bad flip job that is way overpriced & another needs a couple hundred thousand in remodel.

I don’t know where OP’s home is but in most of Dallas at that price point, appropriately priced homes that are move-in ready are still selling briskly.

Old 10-05-2022, 11:15 AM

3 posts, read 2,658 times
I live in Southlake.
Decided to sell but the question is should I list it now or wait until spring.

Old 10-05-2022, 01:13 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,660,143 times
I think it will be worse next year as rates keep rising. Its down some now, but not what I think we will see by 2nd quarter of next year.

Old 10-05-2022, 02:25 PM

337 posts, read 298,756 times
Federal Reserve last statement in Montana was that they will keep on raising rates and that rates will stay high until the end of 2024. They were also hoping for a housing reset. So it will most likely be worse next year.

Old 10-05-2022, 03:12 PM

387 posts, read 615,770 times
Given the economic winds and some micro developments (eg OPEC cuts oil production today) that will lead to greater inflation which will further erode buyers affordability. A situation that escaped people's attention for most part while the rising Real Estate prices held center stage was 'forbearance'. Essentially govt stepped in and prevented banks from foreclosing during the pandemic and helped people who were not earning a paycheck keep roof over their head. Same people also received benefits and other covid related govt payouts. This kept the foreclosed houses away from available inventory. Today that is not the case. Foreclosures are rising which means more houses will get added to the pool putting downward pressure on houses that come up for sale in the next few months.

Texas is at a healthy 18th position per this report https://www.sofi.com/learn/content/f...for-50-states/
The one main thing that has not pulled the rug from under this economic bubble is strong employment numbers. Yet we hear daily that economic recession is on the horizon. If it was my house where I was toying with the idea of downsizing and/or trying to avoid bleeding on maintenance costs, I would move and bank my gains.
Good luck with your sale, I do believe its still a sellers market as long as its priced right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas