Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 07:45 PM

398 posts, read 382,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Welcome back Coderick
Thanks bro! Good to be back. I enjoyed Houston but I still missed the epic walkability and density of stuff to see and do in Downtown Chicago. Could do without the far left politics though lol.

Old 10-14-2022, 06:16 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codederick View Post
If we're talking strictly looks, and this will sound a bit crass, but I'd have to say big booty cuties.
Used to be called Redbird Mall now called Southwest Center mall.

You'll like that.

If you want a little Hispanic flavor try Irving Mall.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:27 AM

5,614 posts, read 4,937,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Used to be called Redbird Mall now called Southwest Center mall.

You'll like that.

If you want a little Hispanic flavor try Irving Mall.
How about Hillside Village?

Old 10-14-2022, 08:38 AM

6,502 posts, read 7,531,718 times
Picking up girls at the mall, old school. Gotta give the guy credit though, it's much better than swiping left/right to "meet" the ladies.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:40 AM

5,829 posts, read 4,169,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Picking up girls at the mall, old school. Gotta give the guy credit though, it's much better than swiping left/right to "meet" the ladies.
Agreed. It's been more than a decade since I was trying to figure out how to meet women, but if I recall, this sort of cold approach in a mall seemed daunting. Gotta give OP credit.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:47 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Bars/church/dating apps are still the best but the mall seems like a good distant 4th

Old 10-14-2022, 12:51 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,084,131 times
Legit question guys - How do you know from looking that a woman at the mall is single? Bars, Churches et al I get, but the mall?

Also, how do you overcome the creep factor, given that most ”women” at the mall are actually girls? And most actual ”women” don't think of the mall as a place to get ”picked up”.

Lastly, do you just post up on a wall watching them go by, or are you also there, I don't know, shopping? I'm trying very hard to (probably unsuccessfully) withhold judgment here.

Old 10-14-2022, 01:04 PM

9,870 posts, read 6,583,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLDSoon View Post
Legit question guys - How do you know from looking that a woman at the mall is single? Bars, Churches et al I get, but the mall?

Also, how do you overcome the creep factor, given that most ”women” at the mall are actually girls? And most actual ”women” don't think of the mall as a place to get ”picked up”.

Lastly, do you just post up on a wall watching them go by, or are you also there, I don't know, shopping? I'm trying very hard to (probably unsuccessfully) withhold judgment here.
You don’t go to a bar expecting to hook up. You go to socialize and from time to time, “get lucky”.

Old 10-14-2022, 01:13 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,084,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
You don’t go to a bar expecting to hook up. You go to socialize and from time to time, “get lucky”.
Obviously. You don't go to church to hook up either. Just saying it's easier to tell who's attached and who isn't in those spaces.

I just dont get how one does that at a mall which is a functional space that pretty much everyone uses with no obvious grouping or expectation for socializing with people outside of the ones you're there with, are purchasing from, or know in some way.

Old 10-14-2022, 01:38 PM

5,829 posts, read 4,169,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLDSoon View Post

Well, it seems to me that the goal of hitting up a place with a high percentage of single women is that you are less likely to discover she isn't single once you chat her up. You obviously can't tell if she's single or not just by looking at her (aside from a wededing ring).

But I do think it makes sense to spend time in places where women are at least looking to socialize. I'm not sure the mall is that spot. A woman in a bar or coffee shop probably has a different attitude toward that sort of thing just due to the setting. But I'm really out of touch on that stuff, and I can't imagine dating in the current environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas