Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2023, 10:17 AM

398 posts, read 381,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How would anyone know the women are single, though? Vs. partnered or married, and enjoying some time out to spend their partner's money on themselves? Do they wear a badge or arm patch, or something, to identify themselves as single and available?
I mean they’ll tell you. “It’s good to meet you but I have a boyfriend.” Then I just say, “Cool, have a nice day.”

Old 04-19-2023, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCrown View Post
...Someday, Codederick, you're going to look back on posts like these and cringe. Not sure why you're even posting here if you're in Chicago.
I said I’m considering moving to Dallas. A single man has every right to evaluate the dating scene in the city they’re considering moving to. I’d expect a single woman to do the same. It would be like saying it’s cringe to evaluate the job market or quality of parks in a given city. It’s called doing due diligence.

Shaming a single man for politely approaching women would be like shaming an unemployed person for applying for jobs. It’s asinine. You’re literally encouraging someone to take no action and just sit at home looking at TikTok all day. Sounds like a great strategy to get dates lol.

Old 04-19-2023, 10:32 AM

5,827 posts, read 4,162,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codederick View Post
If you think getting dates with women, getting laid, and getting a girlfriend(s) is embarrassing, then you’re clearly an incel or virgin and jealous because your confidence is so low, you could never do it and would rather sit in your room all day being a coward. That would be like saying it’s embarrassing to work hard and make good money. Lol.

How dare someone socialize and brighten other people’s day! That’s embarrassing!

It’s amazing chodes like this guy Wittgenstein are against men politely approaching women and getting dates yet if his dad didn’t approach his mom a few decades ago, he literally wouldn’t be alive today.

It’s funny. As recent as October, this dweeb was praising me for having the confidence and assertiveness he has never had:
Well, I've been married for a decade, so I doubt I'm an incel or a virgin.

Getting dates isn't embarassing. Doing it the way you are is very embarassing. I can only imagine the amount of time you spend on the hookup culture forums or YouTube channels.

Women like interesting men, and interesting men don't do this stuff.

Old 04-19-2023, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Well, I've been married for a decade, so I doubt I'm an incel or a virgin.

Getting dates isn't embarassing. Doing it the way you are is very embarassing. I can only imagine the amount of time you spend on the hookup culture forums or YouTube channels.

Women like interesting men, and interesting men don't do this stuff.
Yet here I am consistently getting dates, having a strong social life, with the goal of eventually having a long-term girlfriend, then a wife, and you’re shaming me for it. Lol. You realize you have to approach in order to get a date? If you think women are going to break in to my apartment to ask me out on a date or approach me in the meat section of Trader Joe’s then you’re woefully and willfully ignorant.

I know the response to this always is “just do online dating,” well I do some of that on the side and it’s far less effective than cold approach since the women on there are getting digitally “approached” by several hundred other guys per month.

Old 04-19-2023, 12:18 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,493,493 times
Most people criticizing you are out of touch with modern dating. "Just being a nice, interesting guy" doesn't fly in 2023. Maybe when you're in college, but if you didn't manage to meet a spouse in college then you're going to have to put in work post-college to meet a woman. The world has changed, dating is way different than 20 or even 10 years ago. In fact most of the young guys you see complaining about not being able to get women are the ones who still haven't yet adapted to the new environment and still expect to get a woman just because they're a "nice guy", or sit isolated at home swiping on apps, not being proactive. You're correct and doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing to get what you want rather than complaining like I see so many other guys being lazy doing online.

Old 04-19-2023, 01:45 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,099,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
Most people criticizing you are out of touch with modern dating. "Just being a nice, interesting guy" doesn't fly in 2023. Maybe when you're in college, but if you didn't manage to meet a spouse in college then you're going to have to put in work post-college to meet a woman. The world has changed, dating is way different than 20 or even 10 years ago. In fact most of the young guys you see complaining about not being able to get women are the ones who still haven't yet adapted to the new environment and still expect to get a woman just because they're a "nice guy", or sit isolated at home swiping on apps, not being proactive. You're correct and doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing to get what you want rather than complaining like I see so many other guys being lazy doing online.
You're right, dating HAS changed. There is seriously something wrong with society when a guy gets criticized for having fully developed social skills and wanting to actually USE THEM, rather than sitting at home in his undies on his coach and lazily swiping left or right on his phone. Hell, if ANYTHING is weird, pathetic, and creepy, it's combing through social media and dating apps and endlessly messaging and trying to get the attention of some hot chick whose inbox is already so full of 900 other guys with the same intent who reached out to her before he did, that she'll never pick him anyway.

If anything, approaching a woman in person will make you stand out more and put you ahead of the 900 guys inboxing and winking at her on apps. People still meet organically in person for dating these days; the key is, you just have to have the confidence and the charisma to pull it off. In fact, many women will even overlook you not being a 10 in the looks department, if you are confident enough and charismatic enough to get and hold their attention in person, which is something that CAN'T work in your favor through dating apps and trying to date online.

Old 04-19-2023, 02:57 PM

4,503 posts, read 2,651,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio July View Post
You're right, dating HAS changed. There is seriously something wrong with society when a guy gets criticized for having fully developed social skills and wanting to actually USE THEM, ....
Yeah, well, hitting on random women at the shopping mall is not MY definition of "fully developed social skills". As Portnoy said:

"Of COURSE she's going to say 'get away from me, you creep!' Of COURSE she's going to say 'I have a home of my own, thank you, with a husband in it!' "

The whole premise of this thread is

"Where are the hottest chicks in Dallas shopping malls so I can go and try to randomly chat them up?"

We ought to send him to Valley View.

Old 04-19-2023, 03:05 PM

771 posts, read 932,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codederick View Post
Yet here I am consistently getting dates, having a strong social life, with the goal of eventually having a long-term girlfriend, then a wife, and you’re shaming me for it. Lol. You realize you have to approach in order to get a date?

We're shaming you because you're acting like an immature fool about it, you're just too young and inexperienced in the ways of the world to know it yet. As I said, your posting here is cringeworthy. If you're so successful at the dating game, maybe you should take that leap and wonder why you don't have a long term girlfriend, much less a wife, and also realize that everyone who has posted who is married, has already been there, done that, and at this point, they were more successful than you at it. You're still going after the prize, we've already won.

Old 04-19-2023, 03:05 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Yeah, well, hitting on random women at the shopping mall is not MY definition of "fully developed social skills". As Portnoy said:

"Of COURSE she's going to say 'get away from me, you creep!' Of COURSE she's going to say 'I have a home of my own, thank you, with a husband in it!' "

The whole premise of this thread is

"Where are the hottest chicks in Dallas shopping malls so I can go and try to randomly chat them up?"

We ought to send him to Valley View.
Rabbit,
How do you propose he meet women? They are not going to line up outside his front door. He's going to have to go find them.

Old 04-19-2023, 03:12 PM

771 posts, read 932,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Rabbit,
How do you propose he meet women? They are not going to line up outside his front door. He's going to have to go find them.

That's fine. Putting yourself out there isn't a bad thing.

Coming onto a discussion forum and bragging about how strong his game is, is the pathetic part. He'll have game when he actually gets someone to settle down with him. And then, just when he thinks he's won, he'll realize that was just one of the first steps on the path of adulthood, and now he's got to get a good job to support a family and be successful in life, and that all his bravado about his dating skills were really inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas