Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2024, 09:28 PM

315 posts, read 302,358 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Crunchy delicious apples and good coconuts have eluded me ever since I moved away from Uptown area. In the north Dallas area (north of 635) is there any good place to buy crunchy red apples and good coconuts?

...reason why I ask is that after having tried all the major grocery store chains I've given up on getting good, crunchy coconuts which are not bad on the inside or red apples which have that awesome crisp and crunchy body.

...a dozen high fives if you can share your recommendations if you still enjoy these great american delicacies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2024, 06:33 AM

11,871 posts, read 26,928,733 times
Central Market has a huge selection of apples. If you want especially crunchy ones, I’d recommend Honeycrisp or Fuji varieties.

I can honestly say I haven’t eaten a fresh coconut in Texas. That’s been a vacation-only food for me. Possibly one of the Asian markets would be better for these?

Old 01-08-2024, 07:10 AM

674 posts, read 338,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Central Market has a huge selection of apples. If you want especially crunchy ones, I’d recommend Honeycrisp or Fuji varieties.

I can honestly say I haven’t eaten a fresh coconut in Texas. That’s been a vacation-only food for me. Possibly one of the Asian markets would be better for these?
Every Chinese market around here sells fresh coconuts and they're much cheaper than standard supermarkets.

Ditto the recommendation for Central Market for apples. There's a Central Market at Preston & Royal in Dallas and another at Coit & PGBT in Plano.

Old 01-08-2024, 03:53 PM

Thank you so much @ChristieP and @ilovepizza. I know it seems trivial but you would probably feel bad for me if you knew how many times I've had cravings for crunch red apples or coconuts only to get them from the grocery store and discover they're bad inside.

Old 01-08-2024, 08:04 PM

516 posts, read 453,408 times
Cox Farms Market has the best produce in my opinion. They have several varieties of apples. We are currently loving the Lucy Glo apples. They’re red inside and crunchy. We go to the location in Farmers Branch.

Old 01-10-2024, 07:41 AM

11,871 posts, read 26,928,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheuss View Post
Thank you so much @ChristieP and @ilovepizza. I know it seems trivial but you would probably feel bad for me if you knew how many times I've had cravings for crunch red apples or coconuts only to get them from the grocery store and discover they're bad inside.
Regular grocery stores' produce is often not the best.
Central Market has a totally different distribution system and the company prides itself on quality produce. I have never bought bad produce there. If you did buy an apple there that was bad, take it back and they will replace it.

Old 01-10-2024, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Regular grocery stores' produce is often not the best.
Central Market has a totally different distribution system and the company prides itself on quality produce. I have never bought bad produce there. If you did buy an apple there that was bad, take it back and they will replace it.
..I certainly do attest to that. Made my way to the Coit/George Bush CM and got a handful of delicious reds. All were crunchy. Now I won't risk Food Disappointment Trauma from grocery store apples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas