Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 09:31 PM

15 posts, read 29,111 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My home and auto insurance in Dallas county by Liberty Mutual has increased by 43% this year. I have no claims on home insurance. I have auto insurance claim but against other driver. My insurance didn't pay any thing.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2024, 05:19 AM

3,067 posts, read 8,405,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marble100 View Post
Hello,

My home and auto insurance in Dallas county by Liberty Mutual has increased by 43% this year. I have no claims on home insurance. I have auto insurance claim but against other driver. My insurance didn't pay any thing.

Any suggestions?

Same situation (Collin County), same company! Just about had a heart attack last year when I got the renewal notice from them. Check out Farmers Insurance. I was able to drop my rate significantly both home and auto.

Old 02-07-2024, 11:53 AM

6,794 posts, read 14,018,392 times
I had the same issue and went thru Goosehead insurance. They shopped me around and Progressive offered the best rate. My auto insurance was cut in half and my homeowners stayed the same after I increased my replacement coverage amount by 100k (my prior policy with Farmers had me undercovered). I was happy with their service.

Old 02-07-2024, 12:09 PM

How do I know if I am under covered or over covered for Home Insurance? Where can I get honest assessment?

Old 02-07-2024, 04:04 PM

3,067 posts, read 8,405,839 times
Quote:
How do I know if I am under covered or over covered for Home Insurance? Where can I get honest assessment?

The only real way to do that without fear of being taken advantage of is to request quotes and sample policies. Then closely read the policies to see what their coverage's and exclusions are as well as compare what their dollar coverage levels are. So many policies out there with junk in them you won't use and missing coverage's you might want but not included.

The dollar values of coverage completely depend on how much you want covered but do not overestimate values as it just drives up the premium cost and you will only receive what the insurance company limits are for that specific covered item and not necessarily the overvalued amount you have.

I sent you a DM with an Agent for Farmers who is a very good Agent.

Old 02-07-2024, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
The only real way to do that without fear of being taken advantage of is to request quotes and sample policies. Then closely read the policies to see what their coverage's and exclusions are as well as compare what their dollar coverage levels are. So many policies out there with junk in them you won't use and missing coverage's you might want but not included.

The dollar values of coverage completely depend on how much you want covered but do not overestimate values as it just drives up the premium cost and you will only receive what the insurance company limits are for that specific covered item and not necessarily the overvalued amount you have.

I sent you a DM with an Agent for Farmers who is a very good Agent.
Thank You

Old 02-07-2024, 11:21 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,081,251 times
Yes, you just have to get rates from different companies and go line by line. With the steep increases over the last 3-4 years, I do just that at every renewal, only to find that no one else ever seems to be able to beat my current carrier. I've tweaked my coverage over the years such as higher deductibles and gained some relief. Thankfully, I have not needed it.

Old 02-08-2024, 08:11 AM

53 posts, read 49,710 times
Best is to find an independent broker that shops around for you (at no cost to you) and they can compare your current policy as well as shop for the same criteria. (Then if you switch, they do all the work so it is very convenient)
We have been doing that for years and that's how we keep the increase to a minimum. In the past we were able to have our home + cars price lowered by switching because of that . Now, it is always increasing but at least we know we have something competitive.

Old 02-08-2024, 09:06 AM

6,794 posts, read 14,018,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denebj View Post
Best is to find an independent broker that shops around for you (at no cost to you) and they can compare your current policy as well as shop for the same criteria. (Then if you switch, they do all the work so it is very convenient)
We have been doing that for years and that's how we keep the increase to a minimum. In the past we were able to have our home + cars price lowered by switching because of that . Now, it is always increasing but at least we know we have something competitive.

This is the very best way to do it. Use a independent agent so they can shop for your insurance. They will compare apples to apples and provide you your options. You can make any tweaks to your policy you like. When it comes time for renewal they will shop you again and give you your options.

Old 02-08-2024, 09:51 AM

13,613 posts, read 10,020,368 times
Quote:
Hello,

Any suggestions?
You may want to take a look at how the insurance company have described your accident. I was the victim of a hit and run, and the insurance company labelled me a hit and run driver, because, it was their policy to do so. They had to change their policy, after a confrontation with me.

It was all in the, "Statement Of Facts", if you have such a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: