Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 03:56 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,433,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurltotx View Post
Okay in sports someone has to lose and someone has to win. But to lose 44-6 is just unacceptable! Esp in such an important game. I don't understand what happens when they get out on the field??? It reminds me of watching the little rascals playing sports.

Second, I can't imagine having to spend more money at the new stadium on food and drinks. I went to my first game at TX stadium with $60 and was broke by the time I got to my seat. And I didn't buy any apparel. I don't know where the money went (a drink or two, gigantic hotdog, souvenir popcorn bucket, #1 fan glove).
Ya i agree that that score is really just unacceptable! They can do much better than that! 6 points! Geez!

And with the huge cost of the new stadium, ticket and food prices will definitely go up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 04:04 PM

1,172 posts, read 2,633,184 times
The team has a bunch of superstars... TO, Romo, Choice, Whitten,Barber, Ware, etc. The problem is there team is not managed correctly. They players rarely get pumped up/excited. They do not play as a team... there is always some kind of mis communication every game!

1. Hire a GOOD head coach with leadership skills and who can speak the F up! Get rid of this joke they have in there right now.

2. Get the team to work as a team! Designate some leaders and make them get excited and pump the rest of the team up.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:13 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Jerry Jones is the man. Last time I checked the Dallas Cowboys are the richest sports franchise in the world. I am happy he decided to move his team on the other side of the metroplex. With all these sporting events coming to Arlington like the All Star game, Final four, superbowl etc.. This should be a big boom for not only Dallas but Fort Worth as well. I am already seeing hotels popping up in far East Fort Worth around eastchase parkway.

He may be the owner of the richest sports franchise but all that means is he knows how to SELL his team to the public in order to them to buy more stuff that in turn lines his pockets. Doesn't mean he KNOWS how to coach or actually RUN a football team. Two different animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
He's a great businessman but that does not make for a great football team.

Is there any other NFL owner who micromanages like he does? No.

He needs to step away but he'll never do it.
"Great businessman" and a "GREAT teamowner" are two different things. I think the Cowboys would have had MUCH greater success along the way if JJ had NOT been so involved in the everyday functions of the team. He needs to get his butt of the sidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $DFW8$ View Post
Oh ya, I will give him that. After talking with him and knowing him for so long, you realize that he knows his business, economics, and math. He's smart, but doesn't have a lot of good common sense. And like I said earlier, his attitude and ideas are not good and hurt him when it comes to decisions and stuff.
I did not like him from DAY 1 when he fired Landry the way he did. That entire transaction could have been handled MUCH BETTER including how the previous owner handled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
The team has a bunch of superstars... TO, Romo, Choice, Whitten,Barber, Ware, etc. The problem is there team is not managed correctly. They players rarely get pumped up/excited. They do not play as a team... there is always some kind of mis communication every game!

1. Hire a GOOD head coach with leadership skills and who can speak the F up! Get rid of this joke they have in there right now.

2. Get the team to work as a team! Designate some leaders and make them get excited and pump the rest of the team up.

All "superstars" that want the limelight for themselves and not willing to sacrifice for a TEAM VICTORY! The recent meeting w/ the recievers w/ Jason Garrett that Romo was favoring Whiten was BALONEY!!! Talk about a bunch of spoiled cry babies.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post

Yeah they don't have much teamwork and are depressed about how bad they are doing. They need somebody to come in and get everybody to work together as a team and get them excited and fired up about playing football.

Nothing against Wade Phillips, as I know him too, but he is more reserved and quiet. They need somebody that is more hyped up to get the team fired up and work well together.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:16 PM

983 posts, read 4,442,256 times
I disagree. When you are on the field you need to make plays that put points on the board! Plain and simple.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurltotx View Post
I disagree. When you are on the field you need to make plays that put points on the board! Plain and simple.
Yes, but teamwork and excitement do help!

Old 12-29-2008, 05:44 PM

1,831 posts, read 5,293,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
"Great businessman" and a "GREAT teamowner" are two different things. I think the Cowboys would have had MUCH greater success along the way if JJ had NOT been so involved in the everyday functions of the team. He needs to get his butt of the sidelines.

I did not like him from DAY 1 when he fired Landry the way he did. That entire transaction could have been handled MUCH BETTER including how the previous owner handled it.
Exactly. And this attitude trickles down from the top.

Jones is a cutthroat businessman. You see it every time there's an HBO documentary on the team. He discards people without a second thought.

This is not a man who motivates players and coaches. And he's certainly not capable of leading this team to greatness.

He's proven this time and again by destroying the Cowboy legacy. To him, the Cowboys are a corporation, nothing more.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:05 PM

714 posts, read 2,933,016 times
How many good coaches would want to coach for a Jerry Jones team? Parcells is the exception, but Parcells is always an exception.

I don't (personally) believe that professional players need some one to the motivate them.

Wade Phillips is not that bad a coach, no one complained about him when they won last year.

If Jason Garrett leaves, so what.

Romo did not improve from last year, in fact 2008 was not as good as 2007. That hurt a lot.

There were a lot of key injuries, Felix Jones, Roy Williams, etc.

The Cowboys have been lousy in December for the last eight years, prior to most of these players, and prior to Phillips.

They have the ingredients, they have the coaching staff (except special teams). Get a good special teams coach, a good back-up quarterback, and have Romo and Roy Williams work a lot together at training camp.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:24 AM

301 posts, read 922,071 times
calm down. once marion barber's toe gets better and felix jones and witten gets healthy, your team will be fine offensively.

but yeah, sunday evening was shweet!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:56 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times
I can't stand the cowboys as I am a life long Redskin fan but I do pay alot of attention to them and have some ideas on how to fix them.

1) Get rid of divisive and selfish players. Terrell Owens and Adam Jones, I am talking to you!

2) Bring in a great football guy as coach and let him make the decisions on evaluating talent. Jimmy Johnson was a great evaluator of talent and built that team up in the early 90's with his people. The cowboys had parcells, but he was repressed by Jerry Jones too much.

3) Jerry Jones has to stop being a sideshow. Remember Bum Bright and Clint Murchison? They conducted themselves with dignity and let football people make the decisions. I understand that Jones wants to win and cares about the fans and those are admirable qualities, but let people that know what they are doing run the team and stop trying to always be in the spotlight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas