Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:23 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,195,143 times

Advertisements

Are you talking about Mount Auburn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 06:31 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,331,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Are you talking about Mount Auburn?
I don't know what it's called.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:32 PM

190 posts, read 430,958 times
As a four-year Lakewood alum who attended from 94-98 i can tell you it was a fabulous school and though it seems i may be far removed I know there are a number of teachers still around from when I went there; there is tons of dedication.

Although I moved on to magnet schools in the 4th grade lakewood was an incredible experience and i think it was formative for me in a great way. For those of you saying Lakewood is all white and upper middle class or resembles a "Another Brick in the Wall" mentality I think you are way off. But then again when I was there I rode the bus home with my friends who lived in the Townpark Projects in East Dallas (torn down in the last ten years) and hung out with them until my parents would pick me up for dinner. Now THATS higher level learning for a kid whose parents are 'too involved.'

I believe the student with AIDS Lakewooder is referring to is Matt Allen who was in 6th grade when i was in kindergarten I think. Well one of my earliest memories is also one that still resonates with incredible power, now. The ceremony for Matt was one of the most stirring things I've ever experienced, and I wasn't even fully sure of what was going on; but it shows you what is so amazing about Lakewood which is how close-knit of a neighborhood it is, and how much individual care and attention the students get. Please don't count Lakewood out, and if you any questions please feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to help!

By the way the store was awesome, I miss that...and my self-manager badge which I actually still have. Oh I could tell Lakewood stories for days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas