Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 11:54 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,844,320 times

Advertisements

As a Aggie I am very disapointed in A&M because Elsa Murano was force to resign on Sunday. She was the first women Hispanic president. Dallas Morning News Reporting Rick Perry is behind this mess. A&M has been known over the years as being a racist institution and this does not help our school image. May God bless Elsa Murano and her family. Anyway here is the article in full released by the Dallas Morning News.

Texas A&M president resigns before regents meeting | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/061509dntexmurano.28b14bb.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 07:18 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
I feel sorry for any woman who would take this job without a guaranteed no-cut contract...

look how it was rigged--her review was carried out by ONE MAN--maybe he considers himself the 12th man but I can tell you with the paranoia and anti-female bias at TAMU there is no way this woman or any woman could have gotten a positive review...

as she said--people were going behind her back to conduct business and make decisions...
I don't know how they forced the u to accept her in the first place but anyone with half a brain (meaning Perry and the other regents) should have know this was going no-where...

Old 06-15-2009, 08:03 AM

6,823 posts, read 14,039,451 times
A one man review . Sad to hear she is leaving.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:51 AM

at least that is the impression I got from reading the article in FTW paper...
you would think that if a committee hired her that a committee might review her performance...

Old 06-15-2009, 09:06 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,313,490 times
Gig em out

Old 06-15-2009, 10:25 AM

6,823 posts, read 14,039,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
at least that is the impression I got from reading the article in FTW paper...
you would think that if a committee hired her that a committee might review her performance...
That's what I was thinking. A one man review seems insane to me.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,880 times
A&M is racist because of the fake diversity initiatives it is pushing on you and me. They are trying to solve racism with more. She was only hired to her role because of her ethnicity. She was a failure at the USDA, a bad leader. Well the same has followed her here. A&M is at the forefront of diversification of any university in Texas. Demographically speaking, universities across the nation are inherently white and middle class, not just A&M.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:01 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
I hope they didn't draw the saber on her:

Last edited by Lakewooder; 06-15-2009 at 07:12 PM..

Old 06-16-2009, 12:23 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,844,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingdongelsaisgone View Post
A&M is racist because of the fake diversity initiatives it is pushing on you and me. They are trying to solve racism with more. She was only hired to her role because of her ethnicity. She was a failure at the USDA, a bad leader. Well the same has followed her here. A&M is at the forefront of diversification of any university in Texas. Demographically speaking, universities across the nation are inherently white and middle class, not just A&M.
Well when your school population is like 6% Black/Hispanic together there is a problem. UNT and Houston both enroll large number of minorities. Gates started this iniative to bring more diversity to A&M because every face at A&M was white. Gates was not an A&M alumni and I am pretty sure it was a cutural shock for him. Everybody assumed because I was black I had to be athlete. Just for your info Texas & Georgia leads the nation in number of African americans graduating from college. There are some well educated middle class non-white americans out there. Lets not get it twisted buddy.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:53 AM

but those grads are NOT coming from TAMU--in the top 10% of hs grads--most minority grads are not using that get-in-free card to enroll at TAMU from what I understand...
and most of the faces I see in the football crowds are not minority students either...
I am sure that Gates did take a step back once he got behind the desk and say how the mindset of "our world" is so pervasive at TAMU--there are many smart people there and many good people but there are a lot of people who have a very narrow view of the world...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas