Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 09:20 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilledcheeseftw View Post
Sounds like it. Incel-ish, as another poster mentioned. As a woman, I would be 100% uninterested the second I caught whiff of any PUA terminology, regardless of what else that person may think they have going for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I disagree to an extent. For guys who are naturally shy/reserved/quiet or just plain awkward socially, it can be almost impossible to attract girls “just being yourself”. The PUA community was a godsend for guys like that (which included me as a youngster).

The problem with the PUA technique is that while it’s very good for learning how to talk to and even sleep with girls, it’s completely useless when it came to the hard yards of actually maintaining a healthy and ultimately successful relationship. I think RJ kind of reveals this difficulty since he mentioned the toll of past relationships that I’m guessing didn’t work out.
A different poster in recent pages was referred to as incel, not me. I am not.

I have had times in my life as a single & unattached person and times in my life as a person in relationships. Normal. I am not unique. I’m pleased to report zero costly divorces to my name.

The whole environment is tough for a lot of people. Men & women. Then, we have a few keyboard bullies as well. People deserve empathy. I try to be empathetic to others.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:21 AM

3,836 posts, read 4,443,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Post #205 from page 21 should shed some light on things.
I went back and read it...oh my...RJ my man we need to talk...

Old 08-14-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I went back and read it...oh my...RJ my man we need to talk...
The poster who made that post made what I perceived at the time and still perceive to this day as an unsubstantiated personal attack against me. Poster went to other forums to do what poster did. Poster’s actions were classic bullying & intimidation in my opinion. I do not tolerate bullying.

I might not say some of those things I said then today due to some personal growth I’ve made in my life in the last 3 years. I would just keep quiet.

I perceive that post referenced right now as irrelevant to the current discussion since it has nothing to do with Dallas women.

Last edited by RJ312; 08-14-2019 at 09:38 AM..

Old 08-14-2019, 09:44 AM

63 posts, read 49,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
A different poster in recent pages was referred to as incel, not me. I am not.

I have had times in my life as a single & unattached person and times in my life as a person in relationships. Normal. I am not unique. I’m pleased to report zero costly divorces to my name.

The whole environment is tough for a lot of people. Men & women. Then, we have a few keyboard bullies as well. People deserve empathy. I try to be empathetic to others.
You are totally right. I was associating that incel-ish comment to the OP. Apologies for that!

The whole environment *is* tough. No argument. But the PUA community attitude toward women, and the associated negging, alpha vs. beta BS is incredibly toxic and I reiterate that I would absolutely disengage with no further questions if I felt that was how a man approached women and relationships.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilledcheeseftw View Post
You are totally right. I was associating that incel-ish comment to the OP. Apologies for that!

The whole environment *is* tough. No argument. But the PUA community attitude toward women, and the associated negging, alpha vs. beta BS is incredibly toxic and I reiterate that I would absolutely disengage with no further questions if I felt that was how a man approached women and relationships.
Stuff happens. We’re good now. Appreciate it. In interactions between the sexes, we should take the attitude of being collaborative and look to find ways to enhance each other’s lives. The result may be less toxic interactions. It could be possible that interactions get so harmonious that both sexes can gush about how wonderful interactions are with the other sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas