Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 03:37 PM

346 posts, read 731,237 times

Advertisements

The gym talk is reminding me of one back when I was growing up, where the women would be in the locker room actually putting on makeup to work out. They'd wear those tacky, thong leotard things too. Also makes me think of this girl at my gym here, who's always on one of the machines, talking on her phone about nothing. I laugh every time I've seen her fall off, which has been about 3, I'd say, so far. As for anyone who makes fun of overweight people out walking, they'll make fun of anyone, no matter what the people are doing. Those are the ones that are so insecure with themselves that they have to attack others that don't deserve it.
As for the on topic, like I said, sounds very similar to San Diego. I just hope the Dallas women don't circle and swoop at all the guys, like vultures, like the women of San Diego do. :P

Old 07-10-2009, 06:09 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,561,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
The gym talk is reminding me of one back when I was growing up, where the women would be in the locker room actually putting on makeup to work out. They'd wear those tacky, thong leotard things too. Also makes me think of this girl at my gym here, who's always on one of the machines, talking on her phone about nothing. I laugh every time I've seen her fall off, which has been about 3, I'd say, so far. As for anyone who makes fun of overweight people out walking, they'll make fun of anyone, no matter what the people are doing. Those are the ones that are so insecure with themselves that they have to attack others that don't deserve it.
As for the on topic, like I said, sounds very similar to San Diego. I just hope the Dallas women don't circle and swoop at all the guys, like vultures, like the women of San Diego do. :P
I think you'll be pleased with what you find here...if you expect it to be good, it will be. And you should also find a lot of really great women here who are not desperate to find a man, and really cherish their great women friends...I sincerely hope you find a network of women like that, for companionship and encouragement and friendship...start doing things you enjoy and you will meet the right people for you -- there are a lot of materialistic guys and girls around Dallas, but there are also a lot of very interesting, multi-layered people too -- just start building your life here, don't worry so much about finding a man, have fun, do things you enjoy, make your women friends, and you will begin getting dates with the type of men who deserve to share your time. Welcome to Dallas!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:48 PM

7 posts, read 12,329 times
Well, what about your non-barbie doll types in Dallas? What are my odds of finding the kind of girl that wants to go to a hotrod show and see a zombie movie? Tattoos are a plus. lol

Old 07-10-2009, 07:58 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,900,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr000 View Post
Well, what about your non-barbie doll types in Dallas? What are my odds of finding the kind of girl that wants to go to a hotrod show and see a zombie movie? Tattoos are a plus. lol
Those are here too.

Check out the Dallas Autorama every year and any other auto show. Try Welcome to Hot Rod Happenings

Old 07-10-2009, 08:20 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,487,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr000 View Post
Then you'd want to hang out at the Double Wide, Ships or Slip Inn. Maybe check out the roller derby girls - Assassination City.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:57 PM

I heard and saw some interesting things tonight. I went out here, in Chicago and was telling a couple of guys about my going to Dallas. One of them said that he thought there were more overweight women in Dallas than there were in Chicago or many other places. I thought that was interesting considering, well, the gushing I mentioned.
I also noticed that this place we were at was full of little Heffner hoochie-mamas (bleached hair, overly tan, fake boobs, etc.), so I guess these barbie girls are everywhere. We can't escape! Hopefully there are more guys there who like girls who are attractive genetically. Good to see the guy poster above who has some better taste.
And thanks, Magnolia, good point. I guess I'm just intimidated by the barbies and their brunette counterparts. If you were single in Chicago, you'd be like this too. :P

Old 07-11-2009, 03:58 AM

8 posts, read 22,773 times
Honestly, when you get to Dallas u may be shocked to find that the girls here look like the girls everywhere else. I am moving to the metroplex next month, and these barbie type girls you mentioned do exist, but not anymore than in other major cities..Dallas is a very materialistic city, so don't even try going to the mall in Faded Glory, or you will be glared at..just being honest!

Edit: and I think one of the reasons women in dallas have such a high gushing factor that everyone is forgetting to mention is due to the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders, they carry a very high reputation.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:17 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,311,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
Then you'd want to hang out at the Double Wide, Ships or Slip Inn. Maybe check out the roller derby girls - Assassination City.
DING DING DING DING Yes!!! Also try Elbow Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
I heard and saw some interesting things tonight. I went out here, in Chicago and was telling a couple of guys about my going to Dallas. One of them said that he thought there were more overweight women in Dallas than there were in Chicago or many other places. I thought that was interesting considering, well, the gushing I mentioned.
I also noticed that this place we were at was full of little Heffner hoochie-mamas (bleached hair, overly tan, fake boobs, etc.), so I guess these barbie girls are everywhere. We can't escape! Hopefully there are more guys there who like girls who are attractive genetically. Good to see the guy poster above who has some better taste.
And thanks, Magnolia, good point. I guess I'm just intimidated by the barbies and their brunette counterparts. If you were single in Chicago, you'd be like this too. :P
Dallas has plenty of Barbies. But if you live here long enough you will figure out where the Barbies and guys with popped collars hang out, and you can avoid those places. I went to Cibus last night on a date with a guy who is not a popped collar type, a friend of his manages it. It's at Northpark Mall and that place was full of kids, plus Barbies. So you already know to avoid that place on a Friday night.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:33 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,487,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Dallas has plenty of Barbies. But if you live here long enough you will figure out where the Barbies and guys with popped collars hang out, and you can avoid those places. I went to Cibus last night on a date with a guy who is not a popped collar type, a friend of his manages it. It's at Northpark Mall and that place was full of kids, plus Barbies. So you already know to avoid that place on a Friday night.
That's funny. I was there last night too, but left around 7pm. For some reason, I don't even see the Barbie girls anymore, but I did notice plenty of (perhaps) underdressed, somewhat sloppy, looking folks...but this was mostly by the food court - Paciugo and that pretzel place.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I went to Cibus last night on a date
Hey! I thought you were the one who said it's really hard to get dates in Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas