Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 02:33 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times

Advertisements

"I definitely had the flu last year right at the height of the swine flu outbreak right here in my neighborhood. I don't know if it was swine but it very well may have been. Whatever, it was really not too bad which is why I did not go to the MD. " Bostonian

I had something last spring before all the swine flu hoopla, but I don't know what it was. Like a terrible cold with fever (I usually don't get fever with colds), but at the time I was convinced it wasn't any kind of flu because it didn't totally knock me off my feet the way the flu has in the past. Whatever it was, it wasn't pleasant, but also didn't send me to the doctor. I really do wonder though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 02:37 PM

587 posts, read 1,625,556 times
Sounds like H1N1 at this point is not a bad flu at all. My extended family had it (11 out of 14 people got it), but it wasn't terrible - I'd say milder than the regular flu for most of them. From what I've read, there's some concern that it could become stronger over time, so it's actually probably better to get it now while it's still mild. Probably sounds strange, but I'm not going to try to keep myself or kids from getting it. Would rather have a mild form of it now than a stronger form later. I did read somewhere that it can cause more difficulty than the regular flu in people that already have lung issues, such as asthma - so if you or your loved ones have asthma or other lung issues, you may want to take extra precautions. For those that have reasonably healthy immune systems, etc., it doesn't look to me like anything to worry much about at this point in time. Just my view - I'm sure others will differ.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:40 PM

587 posts, read 1,625,556 times
TXNGL - sounds like you may have already had the swine flu - in several of my family members that tested positive, they were walking around with what seemed like a very bad cold - some with fever, I think a couple didn't even have fever. Just felt bad and had bad cold symptoms.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:52 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,533,345 times
Last year about a month after I got my flu shot I came down with the sickness, it only lasted 24 hours. Woke up not feeling well, went to work lasted maybe and hour at work. Went home, had cold chills all day long and fever, slept all day long and night. Woke up the next day feeling much better. Thought it was food poising, but it felt slightly different then that. Know one at home got sick from me either it was very strange. The sickness didn't leager for days. Maybe felt slightly under the weather the day before and after.

I am not conviced it was the H1N1 virus, whatever it was it was horriable. I haven't been sick like that since my 15 year old was in elementary school.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:29 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,468,083 times
Apparently Carroll ISD is getting hit hard. A Carroll ISD (Southlake) mom was just quoted on the news as saying:

"Makes me kinda nervous especially here because the kids typically are pretty healthy. They are very well fed and have good exercise habits and things like that. Ya know, you think of people getting sick, ya know, somewhere else. Not in Southlake."

Hilarious! We backed that up and watched it over and over and laughed and laughed.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:45 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
ya know....

Old 09-03-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Apparently Carroll ISD is getting hit hard. A Carroll ISD (Southlake) mom was just quoted on the news as saying:

"Makes me kinda nervous especially here because the kids typically are pretty healthy. They are very well fed and have good exercise habits and things like that. Ya know, you think of people getting sick, ya know, somewhere else. Not in Southlake."

Hilarious! We backed that up and watched it over and over and laughed and laughed.
ROFL! I love it! What station was this? I'd love to see if the video is available online.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:24 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,468,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
ROFL! I love it! What station was this? I'd love to see if the video is available online.
Fox 4 News.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Fox 4 News.
It's on their site. Too funny!

Old 09-03-2009, 07:31 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,533,345 times
Quote:

Like they are so elite and will avoid all because of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas