Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 11:48 AM

983 posts, read 4,442,537 times

Advertisements

Has anyone eaten at Central 214 at the Palomar? I love her new show, her blunt attitude, her down to earth nature. It was so funny when she had to wine taste with "the snobs" as she referred to them, and two of them were from the Dallas Morning News that was writing her review.

And I felt her pain when they gave her 2 stars!It is a four star restaurant. I know I plan to eat there soon but wonder if it's gonna be hard to get in now due to the show. Or maybe it was already hard to get in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 01:39 PM

2,394 posts, read 8,597,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurltotx View Post
And I felt her pain when they gave her 2 stars!It is a four star restaurant. I know I plan to eat there soon...
So I have to ask: If you've never been there, how do you know it's a 4-star restaurant?

Old 09-29-2009, 02:24 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,015,463 times
Who?

Old 09-29-2009, 04:16 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,518,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurltotx View Post
Has anyone eaten at Central 214 at the Palomar? I love her new show, her blunt attitude, her down to earth nature. It was so funny when she had to wine taste with "the snobs" as she referred to them, and two of them were from the Dallas Morning News that was writing her review.

And I felt her pain when they gave her 2 stars!It is a four star restaurant. I know I plan to eat there soon but wonder if it's gonna be hard to get in now due to the show. Or maybe it was already hard to get in.
I ate there last Wednesday night and I was disappointed as were the other 3 people at the table. The service was great but the food was nothing to email home about IMO. I also ate there in August during restaurant week and had the same impression. Don't plan on returning to Central 214. The show is entertaining though.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:17 PM

983 posts, read 4,442,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
So I have to ask: If you've never been there, how do you know it's a 4-star restaurant?
Read it online in an article about Palomar and Central 214.

Dallas Native, darn that's too bad! So maybe the 2 star rating from the critic was on point ! Oh well, I still like her and will watch the show.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,483,372 times
I love watching to see all the people I know. It's really hilarious.
I ran into one of the "wine snobs" over the weekend and they were absolutely mortified how it was editted - it was not what they were expecting at all.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:32 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Megan is a good friend of a good friend of mine - I also know her sister. One of the former bartenders is a really good friend of mine.

I usually do not have dinner - I just go to the bar (Pimm's Cup is excellent) and have appetizers - also have had their food at parties in the hotel. What I have had was good..

It's been an excellent people-watching place since it opened and it hasn't let up so far..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: